How much for 2.5 dual exhaust on a Duster

-

siacs

Reaction score
I just wanted to hear what others are or have paid for a set of dual exhaust for their A-body. I am plannining on going to the exhaust shop tomorrow so they can run 2.5 inch pipe from the headers with a X pipe all the way out the back. Muffler of choice/price is Jegs Force generic style flowmaster which I already have.
Anything to watch out for or suggestions would be great.

Go ahead and use the X pipe kit from Jegs. It works well and
doesn't cost that much. I bought my X pipe from them a couple
years ago. Then this past spring I added the cut outs on after
the X. The new X pipe setup they have has the cutouts before the
X. Good in a way. But if you put them after the X you get the
full effect of the power gained with it.

what size engine?

2 1/4" should be good on most small blocks,
if the cam isn't radical, you would have more torque with the
2 1/4" sytem, I would think.

I paid $350 for my system installed,
not including the Mufflers, or chrome tips.

I am using Dynomax Super Turbos.

My idle is a little high as the car wasn't warmed up yet.

After almost a Minute, I thought to put the car in drive.

I will try to get another sound clip/video tommorow.

You can hear it here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ud8mci4rjFU

Right at the moment it has a 360 Magnum right out of a stock 95 truck 20k miles. All that I have done is change to carb via mopar dual plane manifold and a electronic dist headers elde carb. I even kept the serpetine belt setup. Down the road I will do some mild motor work or maybe start from scratch. It is amazing how well this motor runs with a carb. I am going to let the muffler shop do the X pipe. I have heard lots of good things about this particular shop. I figured I would go for the 2.5 now as it shouldn't hurt to much if at all. It just for weekends stop light to stop light and maybe a trip down the strip once or twice.

I got the Duster back from the muffler shop today. I must say I am very pleased with the work they did and it sounds great. The X pipe, the generic flowmasters, 2 1/2 pipe all the way. It is much quieter than I expected and seems to have more power than the 2" system that this replaced. It did cost $320 and I still need some exhaust tips any recommendations? It also seems my heater core is leaking a tad. Just another challenge!

If you want aftermarket, I personally like Silverline stainless exhaust tips.

superdart said:
If you want aftermarket, I personally like Silverline stainless exhaust tips.
For this car it probably doesn't matter if it is aftermarket or not. Just something that looks good on the car.
I will see if I can find their website or catalog
Thanks

siacs said:
I just wanted to hear what others are or have paid for a set of dual exhaust for their A-body. I am plannining on going to the exhaust shop tomorrow so they can run 2.5 inch pipe from the headers with a X pipe all the way out the back. Muffler of choice/price is Jegs Force generic style flowmaster which I already have.
Anything to watch out for or suggestions would be great.

$ 149.00 from Year one

Summit has some stainless tips for not too much coin, 'bout $29 each last time I looked.

AdamR said:

:)
These highly polished stainless exhaust tips will outlast your car and actually breath better than the originals as they are of the big bore design. The A-tips come in both EP9A-S 2.25" ID and EP10A-S 2.50" ID inlet sizes. Will not fit '70 Swinger and '68-69 Barracuda. 3" ID available

StainlessTip.jpg

Have I got a deal for you! I have a new pair of 2 1/2" duster tips with factory hangers. The tips were bought from accurate ltd and are stainless and brand new . the hangers are the factory ones from my duster (orig 72 340 car). I'll take $110 plus shipping for all.

don

-
Back