How much horses?

-

mrtires24

Reaction score
Hey everyone. i am just wondering if anyone would know how much horses My engine might be

here is the info.

Engine is a 440
3698830-44-9
sept 18 1972

It has a forged crank

it has been bored .30 over with forged magnesium pistons. Flat top. i don't know the brand. But I pulled the head off, and I was able to see them

My heads are clean, and look like they have zero miles on them ( so does the hole motor for that matter) Heads are 3462346 2702
and i have these numbers writen down
346 ( I don't know why I wtote this one down
valves=2.08
camber=79

My cam is a crane cam h272-2
Details of it is best @ 1600-5400rpm
part # hmv-272-2-n6
04-30--88
272 intake duration
284 exhaust duration
0.45 intake lift
0.48 exhaust lift
Good idle
Hydraulic lifters

adjustable crane pish rods

double timing chain.

I DID NOT BUILD THIS ENGINE. I bought it, took the heads off, and took the timing chain off and removed the cam. i put it back together once I saw these parts. It looks like it has 0 miles on it. The cam is a used cam, but the cylender walls still have the X marks from the rebuild, and the intire engine is grease free with new frost plugs, and no oil inside it. just pre lube.

I don't know anything else about the engine, I am jus wondering what it might be like befor I have it running.

I don't know the compresion yet.

I will have it in my 4 spd duster with 323 posi.

thanks

Phil

I just found this. i thought i had writen this down.

My pistons are 2266 TRW Forged magnesium
often called 10:1 pistons.

My buddie works at a parts store. He said that the engine sounds like it was built for nitros. I'm not going to do that, but I just want to know what the engine is up to. He says 400 HP easy. I don't know though.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Phil

go to comp cams website and download their engine sim program. it will give you a good idea.

-
Back