How much is a lift off a pain

-

THEWHITEZOMBIE

Mopars an Heavy Metal
Reaction score
i want a new hood my old stock one is pissing me off,my hood scoop broke the studs off on a few of the corners so i hav three studs holding it on,an my new 14x4 air cleaner wont fit under there anyways,so the new solution GET RID OF IT!how much of a pain in the u know what are the lift off hoods?i looking at them cuz of the price diff.an because i do alot of motor work an not having a hood would make it that much better,thanks
MIKE

I have a Feather Duster hood with the aluminum under bracing on mine right now so i still use the hinges. I have used lift offs before and they are only a pain when you can't find a place to put them or you don't want to scratch the roof of you car, or the wind takes them, or you lean them up against something and accidently chip the corners, or somebody knocks them over, or if you scratch the paint taking out the hood pins or slip with the dzus tool or............All mistakes I made. But when it comes to working on your engine it is nice to get the hood out of the way.

I had one and wont do it again. there not heavy and you can take it off yourself, but want to check your oil? take the hood off. showing your motor off ? take the hood off. It gets old.

I agree with Adam. I have a hinge-on 'glass hood from WS Racing Fiberglass that I am going to put on if I ever get around to painting it.

-
Back