How much is it worth?

-

72Valiant4Door

Trouble Maker
Reaction score
My 72 has a 22" 3 core, v8, a/c, auto radiator, it will need to be recored, it has several leaks.

I ordered a champion replacement and am wondering what the original is worth.

Good luck with getting anything for a radiator that needs re-cored; unless it's is an extremely desirable one. With as inexpensive as aluminum radiators are, I don't know how radiator shops stay in business. Maybe 20 years ago it might have been worth more than the recycler will give you for it; that's where my last 4-core went before I switched to aluminum.

I see 2 choices, pay a shop like Glen-Ray for a OEM new radiator or just buy a quality aluminum one.

if a guy has a rare rad with good tanks, spending the $250-300 for a re core might be the way to go.

good honest old fashion rad shops are getting scarce. there is one in Joplin mo that has been there last 50 years. if the EPA were to find it, i'm sure it would be shut down!! if I have a radiator I think MIGHT be good, I take it there to be presure checked, flushed, , with the understanding, I will pay for it to be repaired if needed and that it is in SOUND enough shape to repair. OR.... if not, I pay for nothing. many shops want to clean it, pressure check it, then tell you its junk, and bill ya $45!

a radiator sitting around dry for years is way worse than it sitting for 40 years full of antifreeze. they dry rot.

What's the tank numbers? Is it the same for a '72 340 car? If so someone will buy it!!

K, sell it for copper, rgr that.

I would not. Copper/brass is more efficient than aluminum/plastic or aluminum. If the tanks are in good shape, keep it. It can always be recored later on down the road. You probably won't get your money back, but you will have a nice radiator for another project if you need one.

probably the number for a 340, worth maybe $50, kinda a common item cuz old mopar units lasted. I am still running my 1970 rad. and alternator . my friend is looking for a 1967 hemi b body manual trans rad.

I would not. Copper/brass is more efficient than aluminum/plastic or aluminum. If the tanks are in good shape, keep it. It can always be recored later on down the road. You probably won't get your money back, but you will have a nice radiator for another project if you need one.

I just want to recoup a little something, you take your facts and gtfo.

OK bud. Forget I ever responded to you. First, I tried a little humor, then I gave a more than professional opinion and this is what I get?

Be a cold day in hell before I respond to you again. Ever.

You say all these smart things and use facts that dont match what i want to hear, and you expect me to like it?

You expect too much sir! :happy1:

SB95Hxp.gif

Someone will pay something for it. I had mine recored for $200. I'd try $75 obo

Get a grip and grow up. If you can't take a little ribbing now and then, you've got issues. Rob has been a bigger contributor to this site than a lot of people. Put on your big boy pants and suck it up. Sheesh.

If you want find out what it is worth put it up for sale see what offers you get. No since beating around the bush. Cl would be your best bet since shipping a leaking radiator is just not cost effective , but stranger things have happened. Lawrence

-
Back