[FOR SALE] How much is my 74 Duster worth?

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ori

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Contact seller
Im looking to sell my 1974 Gold Duster. I have enough projects and this one may have to go. So I was just trying to get an idea on a price to sell it at. This car was originally a slant 6, now it has a RHS headed 13.1 compression 360 magnum backed by a 904, 3500 stall converter and then a 4.56 geared sure grip 8 3/4. Has only been started up a few times(runs on E85). Has fuel cell in the trunk, high quality job done. Nothing is in the inside of the car, it is bare. Front suspension is completely redone and painted. Every single part in the front end has been replaced(brake lines,drums brakes, idler, pitman, control arms, lower ball joints, tie rods, brand new tires up front, like new et street radials in back), Converted the power steering to manual steering. Car has been fired about 3 times and it sounds great!! It has been sitting on jack stands. The bad: I call it the "Cruster" for a reason ;). It has lots of rust and a smashed in passenger fender. Here are a few pictures of what the body looks like and of the motor.
What would you give for this heap?
Thanks guys!:burnout:

would need more pictures of body and so on, I think you best bet would be sell the drivetrain separate and sell the car as a roller with a 8 1/4 in it, of course selling as a pair would be ideal and less hassel but can also come less money ya know, only thing selling the car separated is the whole new front end, ( depending on frame floors truck and so one, but without more pictures of body locations of rust not many can give u a best idea of price

only as much as someone is willing to pay, at the moment it doesn't present as well as a car thats fully together and needs work

that front end suspension work, does that include control arm bushing? that can make or break a alignment and correct me if I'm wrong but I would think with a bigger faster motor that you would need that power steering more to control the car not to mention changing the drum brakes to disc atleast in the front so you have something that can stop all of that motor. do you have thing that shows what the car look like with the now with the motor in it ? or shows what the rust and dents that you are describing? or like the other guy said maybe part the car out.

You'd probably have a hard time giving the body alone away, my 73 gold duster body was much nicer and I had to crush it for scrap after I pulled the front and rear suspension off. I tried to sell the complete body minus the drivetrain and front and rear suspension and couldn't even get $300. So I pulled every part I could stack in the corner, and scrapped the shell for $150. I have since sold a few parts I pulled and made my $300.
So the value you have is in the driveline and the front and rear suspension, that's about it. On top of that you say drum brakes? So it's small bolt pattern front and rear still? At least if it's in the car and running somebody can check it out somewhat, if they could drive it then even better.

would you sell the body only? I been looking for a duster like that to build a as a 318 gas sipper car ....im not that far away from you....that engine you have is nice but too much for me ....I just need the body...do you have the bench seat that was in it .....assuming it had a bench ...I would need the right bench seat that goes with that kind of car. :headbang::happy1:

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back