How much paint?

-

TheDemonator

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am starting on my bodywork and prep for paint on my Demon.

How much "sprayable material" should it take to paint my car?

I am planning on stripping the car down and removing the interior and glass to do this right. That way I can also paint the dash panel to match the exterior.

I am talking about repainting all painted surfaces, inside and out.

Also... does anyone sell a complete rubber kit, including windshield and rear window seals?

Planning on welding in my frame connectors and 4 speed hump while I am at it... Should be a long summer, but well worth it in the end!

Does anyone have the dimensions for the "sizzler" hood graphics? I like that hood treatment along with the side and tail stripes.

Thanks in advance!

On my 72 Demon I have 2 coats of primer, 1 coat sealer, 4 coats of color and 3 coats of clear. Once you pick a paint, stay with the same manufacturer for all of the products. They just work better that way.

Not sure on your other questions.

Jack

Hey Brian. i just painted the engine bay of my car and took a pint of paint. So i figured out that it would take about 1/2 gallon of paint per coat for the rest of the car. A gallon of paint should give you almost 1 1/2 gallon once you mix in the thinner, (depending on how it is recommended to mix). Also with the paint depends on what you get (base coat/clear coat, v/s acrylic enamel, A/E will also have a hardner to go in paint. The best thing to do is ask your paint supplier.

I'm learning as I go.BUT.. I've epoxy primered the whole car inside and out,that took 5/8 of a gallon. Then I stated body work and sufacing primer I'm on the second gallon and I'll use most of it as I've only got to coat everything once more. Its a process: sand repair prime sand prime repair sand prime sand sand prime ............. I figure after the next coat then I'll thin down the epoxy to use as a sealer spray it and then the color. But i'm only learning. SO: 1 gallon epoxy primer,2 gallons surfaceing primer, lots of sandpaper, lots of time.Then the color.

duster 056 (Small).jpg

-
Back