How much will adding 16 lb to my car affect ET/mph(rotating weight)

-
Fill the spare tire with water.

I have been wanting to experiment with chassis mods with my SS Spring...... More accurately Torsion bar tuning.

When i do my burn out the rear kicks out to the right, when i loose traction down the track it wants to go right also.
with these skinny cheater slicks, it was painfully more of a problem.
So after i had done all i could to make it go down the track with my right foot..........I got my big long 1/2 inch beaker bar out and 3/4 socket. Slide under my car and loosen the torsion bar 1 full turn. (right side only)
Burn out and launch seem to be just a little less of a sideways spin. So i turned it one more full turn looser. I know for sure, now, i'm going in the right direction!!!!!
After a couple more passes i climb back under and give it one more full turn looser. Burn out is straight and the launch is under control, enough, that i can even note who and what car was in the other lane.

So now its time to do a full throttle, out of the hole, and see what happens........It spun hard, as i suspected it would do.
It spun all the way through 1st gear and half way through 2nt............. The surprise was that i didn't have to lift!!!!!!!

I still had to steer it, but the fact that i could control it, and NOT lift, was AWESOME!!! I wanted to make a 2nd run and verify what i had felt and done on the last pass.................But good old Mother Nature said that's enough!!! Thunder Cloud Ended the day.

OK, so by loosening the drivers side T- bar i got my skinny cheeter slick(DOT) to go straight down the track.......spinning but going straight down the track.

Fast forward to today and the race is "slicks only"......so back on go the 28/10.5/15 M/T Slicks

Started out with a pound and a half more air pressure(15 psi) and they hooked and ran consistent 7.9x
did some tuning to the primary squirter cam, rolling it into position 2. Was able to stall it up higher and not bog at the launch. Which netted me a 7.88 ET And 60' back in the 1.7x and my Mile per hour stayed in the 87.xx All day long.(normal is 85-86)

Next race is dot tires again.
Will be adding weight in the trunk to see if i can get them to hook.

The way i see it, is that my "Dot" tires are .5 of a sec slower them my real slicks due to the fact that they are spinning.
So even if i added 500 pound(no i'm not going to add that much) it would stop spinning but the extra weight would make my ET the same.

Just have to figure out what kind of weight and, how to secure it in the trunk before the next race.....

-
Back