How much would you spend on it?

-

Mopar Rush

Reaction score
Certainly not an A-body, but... If you came across this in your neighborhood, what would you be willing to spend on it?... (just to get it road-worthy, and drive the crap out of it).

66 Fury, 383/727 console
Floor and trunk pans are solid
Cross members good
Bit of a cave-in on the right quarter
Complete car
Titled

1709910716030.png

1709910770802.png

1709910851399.png

You should not ask me that I AM CHEAP!!!!
My rule of thumb in my old age is NEVER buy any car to put $ and time in that I would not still love IF I wanted to sell it and NO ONE wanted to buy it!!! and I have always been in the mindset of my hobbies should not ever be upside down. Hard to do.
That said, not everyone wants a four door or a big car/
Canutes love C bodies. (But too cheap to pay postage) ha... JOKE!!!!
Hard to buy any complete car for less than $1500 unless a rusted out POS.
Any car that runs and drives has a value. And hard to sell those that don't!''

I have always loved the look of the 65 C body.

I would buy the OPs above mentioned car and just get it running and driving SAFE, and call it good. OK so maybe knock, beat, pull, cut that dent out.

Running Driving and mostly street legal, I would go $3000 +/-

I'd take 3k with me, offer 2k and negotiate from there. If I got lucky and got it for 2k, I'd use the remaining 1k to get it safe for the street and drive it.

You should not ask me that I AM CHEAP!!!!
My rule of thumb in my old age is NEVER buy any car to put $ and time in that I would not still love IF I wanted to sell it and NO ONE wanted to buy it!!! and I have always been in the mindset of my hobbies should not ever be upside down. Hard to do.
That said, not everyone wants a four door or a big car/
Canutes love C bodies. (But too cheap to pay postage) ha... JOKE!!!!
Hard to buy any complete car for less than $1500 unless a rusted out POS.
Any car that runs and drives has a value. And hard to sell those that don't!''

I have always loved the look of the 65 C body.

I would buy the OPs above mentioned car and just get it running and driving SAFE, and call it good. OK so maybe knock, beat, pull, cut that dent out.
You have to remember I am OLD and still live back in 1990!!!!!!!!!!
I call opening a can of vienna sausages and a box of ritz crackers....eating out!!!! (Moon Pie for desert!):poke::thumbsup:

I'm with Demonracer and 69FBCuda- purchase price depends on the amount of work needed to get it running and driving, but I'd have to be all in at 3k.
I agree with you too, Barbee- I'm also stuck in the 90's. My mind thinks I'm still 16, but you're only as old as you feel- and my body tells me I feel like I'm 103 some days... I'll settle for the average.

I would be in for 2500/3000 if it drives straight and had brakes, for me the interior would be the deciding factor.

Ok, we're on the same page, for the most part. I was already in the mindset of around 2500. She wouldn't get much more than what's required to get her on the road, then drive that nasty dirty old thing, and not be afraid to park her anywhere... with the windows down.

1 G, I have one like that i paid a G for and once you get in to it, you'll regret spending a lot of money if you were to spend much more.

Almost every part for that is at least double what it would be for an A-body, IF you can find the parts you need.

Gas tanks for those are 5 bills, what is an A body ?.... $159.

trunk floors are over 5 bills (if you do it right) ......everything is a fight with those.

20180820_110301.jpg

Last edited:
Well, around here may be a little different than CO. They don't call us the Rust Belt for nothing. Finding a 50+ year old car with a good floor and trunk pan ain't easy.... or cheap.

I see cars like that come up for sale locally on occasion, they range from clapped out parts cars to reasonably complete, and range from $500.00 to $3000.00. Personally I would not pay more than about $1000.00, partly because like barbee6043 and professor fate I'm a cheap s.o.b. and I'm not a big fan of the car either.

I wouldn't spend anything on it, because 66 is my least favorite year for any car.

1500~2K and maybe up to 3 if it had discs, sure grip and the interior was nice-ish. but it would have to be an easy lift to get it on the road-- like brakes, tires, battery and a tune up. otherwise pass.

Running and safely driving $2000/2500 total investment.More If it was Red,Black,or even white.Anything but crap brown.

It's a money pit if you need a lot of work, like @Princess Valiant said. Take out the window and regulator, and pound out that dent with a block of wood.

Not running, I've paid $500 for a car in similar condition, but engine was seized. I made almost $2k from the parts I sold, and I have a solid floor pan and trunk for my other cars.

I'd go $1500 considering it a parts car, then see if it ran and go from there.

Dad bought a 66 fury new, he loved that old car, hauled all us kids home from the hospital.
He hung on to it forever, I even drove it some in high school.

And I love my '66 C bodies, and would prefer a '66 if I was getting a Fury.
Yeah, it's a love hate thing for some for sure. 66 was a "different" year across the board for all US automakers.

-
Back