How the F... dose one remove the shift lever off a 904 in the car?

-
I like the GM trans cuz they are.dirt cheep and im building a race car, not a resto car to brag about and never drive...

Whats your point?
Just say what you think, dont act like a little girl and hide behind some half *** remark...

:icon_fU:
Im not sure if thats directed at me, because Im not a girl......... but I have built and raced (and still do) many many mopars, and they all had mopar transmissions that I built myself "cheep" I was just sorta laughing out loud at your idea of using a th400 because you cant remove a shift lever....

I don't have much money in my 727. It is stock trans with a manual valve body, maybe $500.

It just finding a 727 is not easy and then they still need work...

If I could find a good deal on one id buy it and fix it up. i know i can go to the local pick an pull on a half off day and pull a 400 for the price of the gas i would use picking up a 727... and if when i destroy it i can just get another one...

I plan on running a dana rear so whats the harm in a GM trans...

like i said, race car, not pebble beach...

By the time you buy all the adapters and everything to attach a chevy trans to a dodge it would end up being pretty expensive. I am not worried about pebble beach either I am running a 9 in. ford rear.

Where in San Jose? I'm in Gilroy and could possibly stop by to give you a hand... I think a 904 is a great transmission! You'll be okay. ;)

Thanks guys!

Im about ten minutes from the Winchester house.

Im gonna give it a go today.

one more question.
When I put the throttle position lever back on do I need to index it or just slap it back on and it IS on the same shaft as the shift lever right?

Thanks again.

got the levers off and the new lever on.
now just fighting the bracket to line up the cable to the new lever...

what a *****...

-
Back