How to add oil with aftermarket intake manifold

-

4door68

Reaction score
I removed the plastic intake manifold on my 2003 5.7 truck hemi. I am planning on adding the XV Motorsports HEMI EFI kit with their intake manifold.

Here is the problem...

The oil filler and cap are built into the factory plastic intake manifold. (photo below) If I put the XV Motorsports intake manifold on the engine, how will I add oil?
112_0302_toty_z_2003_dodge_ram_heavy_duty_pickup_hemi_engine.jpg

Does the XV Motorsports intake manifold have an oil filler? I might see one in the picture.
XVkit.jpg

I don't want to have to add oil through the tiny dip stick tube.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

They have a kit for the oil fill on the intake. Ill see if I can find a pic. I know the Summer 2008 Engine Masters Vol. 11 No. 2 has a pic in it. It does go into the area where you have the arrow pointing, just below the fuel rail mount on the flange. Its a small tube with a small cap. Discrete. The oposing side has or can have another hole for a crankcase vent.

Be sure you ask about it when your order. Could be an specified/extra cost item. Details like that could ruin your day.

Details like that could ruin your day.

No kidding. I am getting into some territory that I am not completely comfortable with. Too many questions pop into my head as I work on this project.

BTW. I am putting this HEMI into a 68 Dodge Dart 4-door. I re-read my original post and it sounded like I have a 2003 Dodge truck. I don't want anyone slamming me because it's not an A-Body post.

No kidding. I am getting into some territory that I am not completely comfortable with. Too many questions pop into my head as I work on this project.

BTW. I am putting this HEMI into a 68 Dodge Dart 4-door. I re-read my original post and it sounded like I have a 2003 Dodge truck. I don't want anyone slamming me because it's not an A-Body post.

Yea, it's not like throwing a small block in. Its all about educating yourself on the details by researching and asking questions.

I have learned so much just by reading through posts here. And FABO has lots of good folks that know and are willing to share thier expieriences.

That will be a cool ride. Tell me more............:read2:

I removed the plastic intake manifold on my 2003 5.7 truck hemi. I am planning on adding the XV Motorsports HEMI EFI kit with their intake manifold.

Here is the problem...

The oil filler and cap are built into the factory plastic intake manifold. (photo below) If I put the XV Motorsports intake manifold on the engine, how will I add oil?
112_0302_toty_z_2003_dodge_ram_heavy_duty_pickup_hemi_engine.jpg

Does the XV Motorsports intake manifold have an oil filler? I might see one in the picture.
XVkit.jpg

I don't want to have to add oil through the tiny dip stick tube.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

That's it. Fastest way to add oil to the engine with the XV intake is to hook up a shop vac to the PCV hose while adding oil. It'll suck down a quart in less than 30 seconds.

-
Back