How to add on gauges??

-

Duster7286

Reaction score
I have a 72 duster, with a slant. (i know..i know.. drop it an sb) anyway..
im keepin the six for a while and it runs great. Just worried about the performance of factory gauges. Im reinstalling my gauges and bezels. But think I want to add a three pak of aftermarket gauges.
(oil,VOLT,temp) how hard is this to do? and how would i do the wiring?

Thanks for any help

Installing the 3 gauge aftermarket set won't be any problem. They all, afaik, come with instructions to follow. Doing what you are doing, you might consider deleting the amp gauge though. I've just learned about this myself. http://www.madelectrical.com/electricaltech/amp-gauges.shtml

I wonder if anyone has a volt gauge/meter that replaces the amp gauge in the dash for '72 Dusters. Someone pass it along please if there are.
C

a 2 gauge set fits right were the ash tray is.

IM000494.jpg

If you run a mechanical oil pressure gauge, make sure you throw away that silly plastic tubing, and run some copper or something that will hold up.
I run a braided line

The plastic tub is a problem waiting to happend, It gets brittle and breaks or melts from the heat. Then you get oil blowing everywhere. Replace it for cheap insurance.

some said its ok... so i think im going to run it and place tubing over it so when or if it does become brittle i wont get sprayed

Remember its likely 200* oil at 45+ PSI. The copper tubing is cheap insurance.

i was thinking WB weld in the tubing on top of the plastic one and if it breaks i will see a pressure drop or slight leakage and ill turn the car off or sumthing

-
Back