How to determine the difference.

-

JTG

Reaction score
How does one differentiate between NOS and reproduction when Chrysler never stamped it with a part number from factory and the packaging no longer exists, for example exterior trim (white metal parts) like rocker, window, or wheel opening moldings. How do you know that its not just reproduction parts that someone is trying to pass off as NOS.

So far's I'm concerned, if it cannot be documented, it's NOT "N.O.S."

In my mind, if it is NOS that has survived, the packaging ought to be with it. May be in tatters, but still there in some form.
C

Is someone trying to sell you items claiming they are NOS? If that is your yellow Cuda, you've got your self a really nice car

Inspector71 thank you for the compliment, the yellow Cuda I've owned since 1988.

Always panning through the parts for sale auctions out of curiousity just incase something peaks my interest, and came across a few different items being sold as NOS but there's no way to verify, due to no packaging or part numbers, just wanted to see others thoughts about this, NOS is expensive and can one really take the sellers word on it. I believe most on here would not.

if there is no box with nos parts i pass but I have never been a numbers matching kind of guy.

I wish my 68 notch back looked as good as yours. I hear you. Mine came with a slant six and it will eventually get a 360. I toyed with the idea of making it an S clone and same problem; how do I know if the part is good, NOS, or what especially when it is on line.

if there is no proof then the part would be nos from a sellers' standpoint!!!!

-
Back