• Big block twin turbo

Votes: 21 29.6%
  • Gen 3 Hemi twin turbo

Votes: 23 32.4%
  • Gen 2 Big block Hemi Meth/N02

Votes: 10 14.1%

• Total voters
-
Doogievlg,my personal experiance with hemis. I ran a 426,warmed over, in a 64 plymouth for bout 25 years as a family toy,daily driver. With minamal maintence. I also have a 06 charger r/t. One evening far from home it decided to drop an intake seat. Took out that cylinder and damaged others. Still dont trust that car.

for relaible id go BB or gen2 hemi at big inches with twins.. can make 1500 at a moderate boost level.. even though i am a small block lover and plan to make 1500 crankshaft hp with my turbo build i dont know how reliable it will be especially since it will need 25+ psi to get there.. we shall see

Talk to Rob, he'll tell you he feels that the block is very strong. Despite his recent issues with cracking he's the first to tell you they don't know what they are doing with it (don't take this as they are stupid take it as they are the ones pushing limits and testing waters at 2200hp)
The block isn't junk, turbofreek nothing that's withstood that power is junk. And 1500 clearly isn't the max when 10 years ago Tim Barth made 1680whp with a stock block and a whipple. You're the gen3 boost guy I'm just an LA nitrous guy, you should know this

I know what they have taken but they dont last long up there either. I was wanting to run x275 along with rob as well. The more i researched those blocks the more i doubted they could/would be reliable. Maybe the new one coming out will be improved as stated? I wont hold my breath thats for sure. Yes they will take the power but for how long is "the" question that cant be answered. If it could be id bet money rob would dominate in his class and a front runner in x275. The platform is fantastic but the aftermarket sucks a high hard one on a slow train with missing tracks.

-
Back