how to get a B & M megashifter to work with 727 torqueflite manual reverse valvebody

-

Jeff Mullen

Reaction score
anybody using a b&m megashifter with a reverse valve body torqueflite?
i called b&m tech. they say the shifter ratchets both ways without a kit needed to do so. my shifter doesn't! mine ratchets from back to front only. is it broke? is there a way to set it to ratchet mode for reverse valve bodies? i'm lost ...

Take the cover off and look at it, look at the ratchet mechanism. Take a picture and post it.

I'll try. my phone takes bad pics without tons of light.
Did you buy the shifter new? If you bought it used it's possible that it's not a Mega shifter which should ratchet both ways. Try going on Youtube as B&M has many videos on there showing correct operation of their shifters. Good luck!

Did you buy the shifter new? If you bought it used it's possible that it's not a Mega shifter which should ratchet both ways. Try going on Youtube as B&M has many videos on there showing correct operation of their shifters. Good luck!
bought new from jegs. talked to their tech guy & he said bad shifter, send it back to us we'll replace it. seems like the easiest fix.
THANKS everybody for the responses! help is appreciated.

-
Back