How to identify BBP backing plates

-

DusTed74

Reaction score
How do you tell the difference between small bolt pattern and big bolt pattern rear backing plates off of an 8 3/4 ?

Thanks in advance...............Ted

I cant answer this question but, Why would they be different? Isnt it not the axle that dictates bolt pattern and not the backing plate?

difference is in the backspacing from the axle flange. using a straight edge across the back of the plate measure them... small bolt is roughly 1 1/4" backspacing and big bolt is roughly 1 3/4" see pics sorry they are crappy but should give you an idea what im taliking about hope this helps...

Attachments

• Photo392.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 191
  • Photo395.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 165
I knew it had to be in the back spacing. I just didn't have anything to compare to.
Thanks................Ted

I knew it had to be in the back spacing. I just didn't have anything to compare to.
Thanks................Ted
glad to help! your welcome!! its always nice to have a stock pile of extra parts around to either use or help with tech discussions. :D

I cant answer this question but, Why would they be different? Isnt it not the axle that dictates bolt pattern and not the backing plate?

Yes, but SBP axles use a different brake offset than the BBP axles. So the backing plates are in fact specific to SBP or BBP axles.

difference is in the backspacing from the axle flange. using a straight edge across the back of the plate measure them... small bolt is roughly 1 1/4" backspacing and big bolt is roughly 1 3/4" see pics sorry they are crappy but should give you an idea what im taliking about hope this helps...

Great info! :thumbup:

-
Back