How to install Fuel Pump Eccentric

-

Moparornocar51

Reaction score
Hi guys i just killed my fuel pump eccentric, what i have to take off to install a new one, i was looking at my service manual but i couldnt find anything, where does the fuel pump eccentric sit and how to i have to install it

Maybe pics would helps me

thx Peter

Are you sure you didn't just kill the pump??, the eccentric is behind the timing chain cover if Its a small block v8.

I've heard of a lot of things failing, but never the fuel pump eccentric. I agree with it just being the fuel pump. But I guess anything is possible????? Have to tear down the front of the engine and ya might as well do a timing chain and front seal while your in there. My self...I would do a water pump to while I had it apart.

I agree,..Go with a roller T/Chain,Mopar part#P5249267...Mopar Fuel Pump part # P4007040,...They do list an eccentric,Part#P4120484,.but I've never seen one go badbin my 35 yaers of fixing broken things,...

If you do go in there change the timing chain and also get the timing chain tensioner. You can get the tensioner from Mancini

-
Back