how to lower Kmember/engine

-

Rapid Robert

Reaction score
'66 dart 360/904 stock car with aftermarket thin shaft steering column. Is there any way to lower the engine and or kmember to get my driveline angle right. I have raised the engine a bit & slotted the bolt holes/lowered the steering box so the magnum ex manifold on the dr side would clear the steering box but I am anticipating driveline angle problems. thank you for your time. RR

It’s easier to use wedge shims between the springs and perches to correct that

OK I will wait & see exactly how much of an angle problem there is to deal with & go from there. thank you. RR

Robert, The 68 Hemi Dart factory cars spaced the K frame down (I think )1 1/2'' with spacers between the frame rails and K.
You would need longer bolts depending on how much drop is needed. No reason not to be able to do it to a early A if need be.

what about the T bar alignment? I'd think there'd be too much of an angle from horizontle for the tbar to now fit into the LCA hex.

I'm with cudascott. Why not just shim the rear axle to get the pinion angle where you want it? Either way, I doubt lowering the k-member a reasonable amount like 1/2" or so would cause any issues with torsion bar installation. Those hex sockets have plenty of slop.

'66 dart 360/904 stock car with aftermarket thin shaft steering column. Is there any way to lower the engine and or kmember to get my driveline angle right. I have raised the engine a bit & slotted the bolt holes/lowered the steering box so the magnum ex manifold on the dr side would clear the steering box but I am anticipating driveline angle problems. thank you for your time. RR
If you lowered the steering box and NOT the idler arm, you may have created a situation that could induce bump steer.

-
Back