how to make a 6.1 spin safely 7500 rpms?

-
the best way to take a gen3 hemi and make it spin to 7000 is to pull it out and put an LS in its place. Seriously, to spin a gen3 that high you will spend $5000 plus in valve train and you will be constantly spending money on springs and head work. Spend your money adding stroke, don't spin it anywhere near as hard. Save your engine and transmission. The harder it spins the harder it is on everything.

true. maybe. I just want to add some small things to have a bit safety and to avoid such a total loss again... i don't want to run the engine in that high rpms all the time. But when it accidently happens....

I just checked the build sheet on my GenIII that I rev to 7000 all the time and 7500 occasionally and the rocker arm assemblies and non MDS lifters are mopar. Pushrods are Manley. Been bangin on it hard for 3 years now and it's been very consistent.

I'm with Robin, I have a 426 gen 3 that spins regularly to 7500 for the last 4 years with stock lifters and rockers. With that said, I don't think a stock-ish 6.1 should.

-
Back