How to make a Dodge Caliber look cool...

-

hemizach

Young Blood
Reaction score
Photochop it :snakeman:

I did this one tonight and thought I would share!

2007DodgeCaliber.jpg

UPDATE 8-26-09: Did the paint on this magnum! What else did I do?

DodgeMagnum.jpg

I was really disappointed with this car. The Neon in SRT-4 form was a great looking ride.

The Caliber on the other hand represents everything that is wrong with the American auto industry and their thoughts on style.

With that said.... I am shocked. You made it look very good. I love the mat black stripe that follows the lower body and over the wheels.

I was really disappointed with this car. The Neon in SRT-4 form was a great looking ride.

The Caliber on the other hand represents everything that is wrong with the American auto industry and their thoughts on style.

With that said.... I am shocked. You made it look very good. I love the mat black stripe that follows the lower body and over the wheels.

Thanks, I am not a big fan of the calibers either and don't really like the way they look, which is part of the reason I wanted to try messing with one to see what I could come up with. The stripe was an after-thought but I was happy when I added it.

I wouldn't be embarrassed for my daughter to drive that one. Nice work Zach

If this one were real I would drive it, haha. It's my style as far as new cars go.

The only thing i would redo is the hood. I used the carbon fiber look but looking at it now I think it looks like crap. Should have just left it painted body color but oh well. Thanks for the compliments!

The Calber on the other hand represents everything wrong with Dimeler messing with Chrysler !

The Calber on the other hand represents everything wrong with Dimeler messing with Chrysler !

You mean with shared Hyundai/Kia engines, the fact the SRT4 package isn't available AWD (isn't that why people buy the EVO and the WRT?), and they replaced a car that is popular with the tuner crowd with a box?

well I dont think Zach was looking for all the things we hate about the Caliber..... even though its not a car high on my list of things. I can appreciate the work he did on it for sure. Looks pretty good there Zach !

-RPM

well I dont think Zach was looking for all the things we hate about the Caliber..... even though its not a car high on my list of things. I can appreciate the work he did on it for sure. Looks pretty good there Zach !

-RPM

Yeah, you're right. Sorry, Zach! You did take a pretty bland looking car and make it look cool!

-RPM

Exactly :cheers: Thank you.

Yeah, you're right. Sorry, Zach! You did take a pretty bland looking car and make it look cool!

And no worries. Threads get a little off topic from time to time... I should have known when I posted a caliber, haha.

It does look better.....I bought an '04 Neon SRT-4. I'll hold my tongue on Calibers in general.....

It does look better.....I bought an '04 Neon SRT-4. I'll hold my tongue on Calibers in general.....

what color and mods? i bought my 05 acr new. i think it is dead sexy in white and plan to take it to the grave with me.

go drive a srt4 caliber.i did and was impressed when i had to let out of it because it was torque steering in 3rd. very fun ride with a turbo.

Nice work. Thouse two cars can use all the help they can get. I think the Magnum needs a strip or some thing to brake up all that blue.

what color and mods? i bought my 05 acr new. i think it is dead sexy in white and plan to take it to the grave with me.

Funny you should mention that.....I had a black one with viper seats and no options at all. I drag raced it at Palmdale (when it was still open) but left it pretty much stock. Funny thing is.....I was looking for a white ACR in '05 (I wanted to trade in my '04 for one) and I could not find one with viper seats and NO sunroof! Every one I found had the side airbags, plushier seats and a sunroof!

Strange.....and I couldn't order one because it was already too late in '05. I was really hoping they'd make a 2006 Neon SRT-4. I was always wondering how many calibers Chrysler sold.......and if they regretted it.

Not even worth my time thinking about this late model crap.

You did an awesome job on the Magnum. I like the blue and it looks like a lower stance? maybe. Too bad they already stopped making it. My wife says they looked like a Hearse.

Not even worth my time thinking about this late model crap.

You're a smart guy aren't ya? I was sharing and looking for opinions on how my recolors and "chops" looked to everyone else because I am trying to make cars look better. If it isnt worth your time then you shouldn't click on a thread that has DODGE CALIBER in it to begin with :bootysha:

You did an awesome job on the Magnum. I like the blue and it looks like a lower stance? maybe. Too bad they already stopped making it. My wife says they looked like a Hearse.

Shaved and lowered yes.

Did anyone see the subtle white stripes along the bottom in that sea of blue?

lookin at the cars they are puttin out today and seeing the challenger and the mustang and the camero all together at one once...jus makes me so happy they haven't brought back the bcuda..which makes all of ours that much better

Funny you should mention that.....I had a black one with viper seats and no options at all. I drag raced it at Palmdale (when it was still open) but left it pretty much stock. Funny thing is.....I was looking for a white ACR in '05 (I wanted to trade in my '04 for one) and I could not find one with viper seats and NO sunroof! Every one I found had the side airbags, plushier seats and a sunroof!

Strange.....and I couldn't order one because it was already too late in '05. I was really hoping they'd make a 2006 Neon SRT-4. I was always wondering how many calibers Chrysler sold.......and if they regretted it.

i got mine in june 05. i was trying to deal on a used 05 that put down 440hp at the wheels, but the morning my loan came thru the guy took a deposit from somebody else. i got mad, and went to my local dealer, and told him if he could find a white acr, with no other options (kicker stereo, crappy airbag seats, roof) he would make a sale. that was a wednesday. i picked the car up the following saturday, and have loved every minute since. finding one now might be a bit hard, they made 1175 total acr's, and only 88 in white with no options.

-
Back