How to move a car on a 4 post lift

-

brian6pac

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
My friend was moving his shop about the length of a foot ball field and had to move his 32 ford and the 4 post lift so we chained the lift to the trailer and off we went

IMG-20190808-03035.jpg

IMG-20190808-03036.jpg

IMG-20190808-03037.jpg

IMG-20190808-03039.jpg

I guess it should read how to move a car and a 4 post lift, but anyway it worked like a champ.

That'll do!! Haha that is a beautiful car! That is one of the few none mopar cars I really really want!

It is a cool car, he bought it as a finished hot rod from N.C. but when we looked it over it was a mess, unsafe to drive for sure. So we changed everything, suspension, brakes, steering, went through the motor and still need to do the trans, new diff 4.11 locker and axles, one axle was only engaging 3/8" in the spline, open diff, Now he wants to paint it so it's coming back apart.

Try getting that lift through a 10 foot door. One corner, twist, nother corner and so on. Wouldnt try it with a car on it. Backyard buddy boasts the lift can be moved with a car on it.

No kidding! I've got 10' doors in my garage, and have to do the twist and cuss when I move my lift from the back room, out into the main garage, or vice versa. I finally quit being stubborn and ask my wife to help me....lol.

Dont roll on gravel worth a crap.
Regardless 6 years trouble free until last week when a cable started coming apart. I nicked it about 6 months ago and it finally failed. BYB called me monday in reply to my e-mail. I was impressed by the quick action.

It is a back yard buddy lift, and it worked great

Nice fat motor. That should be a fun ride.

Nice 454 out of a 88 truck low mileage, and its a 4 bolt HP pass car block. I put a comp cam can't remember the # 515, 520 lift matching springs, double roller chain adv 4 *, demon 750 and a Weiand intake. We were going to do a bad *** stroker aluminum head motor but the car was so f-ed up that we spent all summer fixing all the bad stuff & he is going to change the color so off to the body shop it goes.

Ive seen 4 post lifts moved by simply lowering it down over a flat bed trailer and strapping it down...provided the trailer bed is high enough for the 4 posts to come significantly off the road surface.
Your way worked nicely for a short stint.

-
Back