How to obtain a title

-

SIKFISH

Reaction score
New to this forum and would like to know how to get a title for a 68' barracuda fastback. The guy i'm buying the car from does'nt have a title for the car and does not know where or who the last owner is/was. I cleared the vin through the local sheriffs dept and it is not reported stolen. Looks like the car has not been registered in a long time. Any help would be great. Thanks, Joe

were do you live ? In some states your dont need a title if its older then 10 years.

I live in Nebraska right now. I'm not sure what the title laws are for this state. But judgeing how strict they are with everything else in this state i'm sure I would need one.

I'll ask my Buddy about this. He just helped another member with the same problem get his car registered.

Thanks alot Adam, that would be great! The Wife will have a fit if she knows I want to buy a car with no title or no way to register it!!

Sikfish, I would try going to your local DMV and explain your situation. They may be able to help you if the last registered owner was in your state, otherwise you may have to track the cars previous owners, and check their state DMV's. I had a similar situation with a 65 Cuda at an old wrecking yard here in Idaho. I took the VIN# to my DMV and I was able to contact the current title holder. The current title holder may have lost it, but should be able to get a new one. (Offer to pay for it)

Best of Luck
-Nick :thumrigh:

-
Back