How to plan...

-
Thanks,I guess what is making me so anxious is having a welder and having to wait to wire up my building and getting a bottle of gas. Tomorrow my wife and I are going into my building and sorting everything and writing it all down. I think that would be a good start.

great to hear this Uncle Cliff ....best wishes that you get a good start....dont let Evil Uncle Larry win ....GET-R-DONE :prayer:

Cliff buddy do like I am doin just get the thing mechanically squared away to where you can at least drive it. It will definately help Im sure. And after its runnin you slowly fix cosmetic things as you enjoy it.

Cliff buddy do like I am doin just get the thing mechanically squared away to where you can at least drive it. It will definately help Im sure. And after its runnin you slowly fix cosmetic things as you enjoy it.

Emilio I would like to do that but I have 2 frame rails to repair and I hope to repair my k member,right now I am only reading about how to weld.

Watch youtube videos too. My dads buddy did that and learned how to weld and he is fairly good at it.
Oh didnt know it needed framerails

No it doesn't need frame rails, the welded nuts that hold the k member broke inside the frame rails so I need to cut them open and weld in new ones.

No it doesn't need frame rails, the welded nuts that hold the k member broke inside the frame rails so I need to cut them open and weld in new ones.

Oh man that sucks even moredid all of them break off?And Im with you on the welding gonna learn in a little while just picked up a welder around a month ago still aint opened it. To good a price to refuse

Oh man that sucks even moredid all of them break off?And Im with you on the welding gonna learn in a little while just picked up a welder around a month ago still aint opened it. To good a price to refuse

3 of them broke and one bolt broke off the last nut. What welder did you get?

Cliff, I am with you on the Welding I really wish I new how too already do it. Thanks for the book you e-mailed me. I saw the one you bought at TS when I was their last week. Right know i have a little second hand Mig I bought off my friend.

Cliff, I am with you on the Welding I really wish I new how too already do it. Thanks for the book you e-mailed me. I saw the one you bought at TS when I was their last week. Right know i have a little second hand Mig I bought off my friend.

I haven't got to the book yet I have been reading the book I got with my welder. What welder did you get?

I haven't got to the book yet I have been reading the book I got with my welder. What welder did you get?

I'm not even too sure of the name I think it's called a silver fox it's just a small Mig came with the bottle second hand. Runs off 110. It was cheap and I can practice.

I'm not even too sure of the name I think it's called a silver fox it's just a small Mig came with the bottle second hand. Runs off 110. It was cheap and I can practice.

Cool as long as it works well that what counts. Have you started practicing?

Cool as long as it works well that what counts. Have you started practicing?

I just got the Valiant running and all I have left to do is tune and headliner and get somebody to put glass in. So I'm hoping to start practicing. Next month. Sometimes I get a little scared like I'm gonna set myself or something on fire. I dont know I guess I gotta get over it.

I just got the Valiant running and all I have left to do is tune and headliner and get somebody to put glass in. So I'm hoping to start practicing. Next month. Sometimes I get a little scared like I'm gonna set myself or something on fire. I dont know I guess I gotta get over it.

Go to HF and get some welding blankets they are made of fiberglass. I will need to get a couple for myself

steering wheels can tough to paint as there are so many years of grease and grim ground into them. comet and scotch bright pads over hot water several times just to get the build up off of it then wax and grease remover probably a couple more times. 400 or 600 grit wet and dry some adhesion promoter then paint and that should do it.

are you needed to do a color change or crack fill on it? if not a good cleaning and sanding the nicks and chips down use and ultra fine w/d paper and buff it out.

I could try and paint my steering wheel, but I never get the paint to stay on.Also There is no way to get it drivable too many rust issues

If I was closer, I could run your electric for the cost of parts. If you need to know anything about household electric, shoot me a PM. I have a HF parts washer , free to you , if you can have it shipped from FL.......BTW I almost posted on the big D thread, but after working atv the VFW and the Angelus, I am grateful to have the problems I have. LMK if I can help!

If I was closer, I could run your electric for the cost of parts. If you need to know anything about household electric, shoot me a PM. I have a HF parts washer , free to you , if you can have it shipped from FL.......BTW I almost posted on the big D thread, but after working atv the VFW and the Angelus, I am grateful to have the problems I have. LMK if I can help!

PM sent. I have a 100 amp breaker box so I have one 240 breaker that can be split for power to my building. Seems all my breakers are marked 120/240. A member here Oklacarcollecto is going to help me with it. But I am sure I will be pming for advice.

-
Back