How to prep back side of front fender?

-

NukeSec1

DUSTinguished
Reaction score
What do you guys do or how do you prep / seal the back side of your front fenders before you hang them? Especially the areas that we know get rusty over time. This will be my sons winter project. Stripping the fenders down to bare metal front and back.

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 287
  • 006.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 296
I have my fenders acid dipped/paint stripped then I use rustoleum on the back side its a rust preventer seals up nice stops any water/crud from getting in there and setting up home I use the black rustoleum on all the unders of the car, this is the inner fender

Attachments

• car stuff 075.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 287
ive used this product im useing it now on all my wheel wells its great stuff kills rust/primes. its called jasco prep and prime.about 8bucks a pint good stuff! then i just paint over it with some ace rust stop paint.

If you media blast the back side smooth, it will be just rough enough for POR15 (doesn't work too well on smooth metal). Never have a problem again.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhXcwRyGVsU"]YouTube - Molasses rust removal[/ame]

Google molasses rust removal for more info

the best product is a glass filled epoxy it has a good texture to it and is an epoxy so its good for bare metal and is tint or paintable it is a ppg product you spray it with an undercoat gun i do the complete underside with it and paint it

Attachments

• DSCF0509_resize.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 246
the best product is a glass filled epoxy it has a good texture to it and is an epoxy so its good for bare metal and is tint or paintable it is a ppg product you spray it with an undercoat gun i do the complete underside with it and paint it

Can you tell me more about this product; name or part number. I have been waffling on what to cover my underside with (the car too!) and it sounds like this might be the ticket. Never heard of this before. Where in MN are you from? I live in Maple Grove. Thanks. L8r

Jim

it is 2c gf highbuild epoxy its fantastic good texture,sound,and rust inhibeters also if you dont have a media blastergo to the hardware store and buy a gall of miratic acid it will take all surface rust off great but you need to scrubb it with water and baking soda to nutralize it then blow completely dry wipe with thinner and blow dry again works great. I am in detroit lakes mn

That looks awesome!!!!!

-
Back