How to price a Dart for sale.

-

sl7732

73 Swinger
Reaction score
After owning my 1973 swinger for 3 years and enjoying performing all the work myself, I find I do not have enough free time to do anymore work on it so I think rather than letting it sit undriven, its best to sell it so someone else who can enjoy finishing it and driving it.
My problem is not knowing how to determine a realistic price so I am hopeing someone can give me some guidenance.
A quick overview:
1973 Dart Swinger
318 2bbl, automatic, factory air.
New parts:
Brakes all round, master cylinder, electronic dist with orange box, rebuild carb, radiator, heater core, water pump, timing chain set, rebuilt heads, leaf springs.
Known issues:
Left hand trunk floor needs replacement, left hand rear chassis rail needs rust repair, trunk opening lip needs rust repair, lower real window corners need rust repair (was a vynal top car) and rain water getting behind dash (either wiper seals or valance area rusted).

I know this forum is not the for sale forum but before I can put it on there I need to determine how much to ask.

Can anyone provide me some guidance on this?
Thanks

BTW: I am in Georgia just north of Atlanta.

Those rust repairs will scare a lot of buyers away. Usually when they are rusted in those areas, there is prevelant rust in other areas. Its hard to value a car without seeing it. Hows the interior, mechanics, paint, tires, etc.? Is it a highly optioned car? Post some pics so we can take a look at it. Maybe offer it for sale at the best offer. JMO. Mike

Look at places like ebay, craigslist, autotrader, hemmings, ect. and find vehicles that are like yours or close to the same condition with in a 200 mile distance of you and then base your price off the going rate of the other cars.

-
Back