How To Remove Thread

-

Rengo

Reaction score
I am pulling apart an EV2 1970 Plymouth Duster, 225 auto. Clear title, but destroyed.

I need to know how to take the drip rail trim off the car without ruining it, also trying to take off all of the chrome around the windows.

Also how to remove emblems or ornaments without damaging them as well.

I will probably sell the car as a rolling chassis for a $300-400, buyer arranges and pays to ship or local pick up (preferred) after I take everything off of the car.

PLYMOUTH hood ornament and the door tags on the interior, also the 'pent-star' on the fenders.

Should be a few 3/8's nuts on the back of the exterior emblems may be a different size but if I remember right they are 3/8's. spray them with some WD40 or PB let it soak for a while then SLOWLY and gently turn the nuts if it feels light its very tight and not spinning soak it longer in the solution you use other wise you will bust the pins right off.
Hope this helped a bit if you need more help you may PM me. Interior badges and drip rail chrome I am not the best with sorry I cant help with them
Thanks

Thanks for the advice, I am taking these off the car that I got for the back windshield. If you remember talking to me about that. I just got the entire car, which has some nice fenders, deck lid and some interior parts. Nice glass, good passenger door and one nice tail light. It will make for a good project if i can get anyone to just take it, otherwise it goes to the crusher and we will need it gone.

Again, thank you for the advise!

-
Back