How to ship body parts and other large stuff

-

chavezychavez

Reaction score
Guys,
Now that I am getting into parting cars to use the proceeds to fund my 1971 Demon project needs some help here:

What is the most Economical way to ship i.e. fenders/bumpers/door/hoods/trunks for people that want to buy my parts?

I know for sure ups/usps for small stuff but this big stuff need help with?

Will greyhound ship hoods? doors? fenders?

looking fwd to helping people that need these parts
Thanks Matt

Yes Greyhound is the best way for large stuff, they can be a little slow but I have shipped fenders, hoods, bumpers.

Look for a shipping agent. when i got a crate motor the company I got it from thankfully used a shipping agent instead of a "locked in" shipper. agents will find the cheapest carrier for you which, when you think about it, makes alot of sense since all shipping destinations are different and unique.
the shipping for the motor i got was surprisingly cheap.. by hawaii standards anyway.

I bought a fender in southern MS. They shipped it grayhound and it had been wraped in cardboard. No damage. This was important as it was a rust free/dent free fender.

When shipping this stuff do you just shrink wrap it or do you have to cardboard it all up?

I always box it or wrap it in cardboard. it always makes me nervous when i ship by bus. I can just picture a bus driver throw parts around and abusing them. But so far so good.

-
Back