How to tighten loose mirror

-

mopowers

Reaction score
Is it possible to tighten a loose interior rear view mirror for a 68 Dart??? I haven't taken mine off yet, but I'm wondering if they can be tightened up since everytime I take off from a stop, it moves.

Yea It's easy if you know how to get it apart

I've heard putting a drop or two of superglue in the pivot and work it back and forth until it cures. Creates a gasket, so to speak

The superglue or locktite will work but if you ever have to adjust your mirror, you will break the glue and have to do it again...Do it right.....take it off....there is a piece of spring steel that keeps pressure against the ball socket......tighten the screw (if loose)....or if ball is worn a little put a piece of napkin under the spring steel and tighten screw down.....works like a charm....I have done it many times

The superglue or locktite will work but if you ever have to adjust your mirror, you will break the glue and have to do it again...Do it right.....take it off....there is a piece of spring steel that keeps pressure against the ball socket......tighten the screw (if loose)....or if ball is worn a little put a piece of napkin under the spring steel and tighten screw down.....works like a charm....I have done it many times

Yep, or you can just lay that spring steel plate on the concrete with the ball convex facing up and give it a good pop with a hammer and reassemble.
Done it a bunch of times, and doing it this way it won't loosen back up again (for a long time anyway)

-
Back