How wide apart are the frame rails?

-

69fury

Reaction score
I had a wonderful 69 Plymouth Fury II 2door along time ago. It was too far rusted for my time/skills/money to save back then. I did keep the powertrain and later stuffed it into a non-mopar straight axle gasser that was in a barn for 25years (i love mopar, but also any short tail, econo/business coupe like Ramblers, Falcons, ChevyIIs, Henry Js) and it makes me happy to make other people mad when they see my mopar engine in their brand...

Anyways, i'm using motor plate/mid plate combo and the engine will sit fairly high. My frame rails are 33inches outside to outside and i believe 2.5 inchs wide, so i'm just wondering if the A body LA headers might fit. Or if anyone has a rusted out set they would throw my way for research. I'm no welder but have welded, and i fear what my final product would be if i started from scratch, lol. Just curious to know if a set of A body pipes are close enough to modify. I have some leeway as to where i install the steering. Any thoughts or measurements you guys can share?

Thanks,
Rick

-
Back