Howdy from middle Georgia

-

SavoyPlaza

Reaction score
I actually joined here some time back, just lurked and never posted.
I have pm'd a few members here and traded with a few, figured it is time to post.

I'm Pete from middle Georgia (just above Macon) and I am a Mopar fan.
My first was a '68 Sport Fury when I was 17, then a '62 Belvedere I bought in 1989, which I still have today.
I've had many more over the years, I've mainly gravitated to the 1957-1962 era, but have a special place for the A bodies.

I've got a '75 Dart, slant 6, which I've had since 2005, and I've been on several road trips with her.
She's always faithful, whenever everything else breaks, "Dartie" is always ready.

I've had a few other Darts and Valiants over the years as well.
Here is a '65 Dart I had a few years back, a fine car with only 22K miles; she
was my daily driver for a year or so.

Here's a peak into my shop in 2007, at the time my daily was a '71 Valiant sedan, slant 6.

Those are a few of the a bodies I've had, my brown '75 is a lifetime car for me.
I have not had the time to look at all the threads here, but there are some fine rides here. I lean towards the simple slant 6
over the pure muscle mopars, but they are all good!

Thanks for the forum.
Pete

Welcome to the crew! My brother lives in Brunswick Ga, he's on his way up this weekend for a visit. I lived in Augusta in 68 courtesy of Uncle Sam..LOL

Welcome to FABO and love your Mopars. Is that wagon a 1960? My dad had a ton of Mopar wagons over the years. My favorite was his 58 with a 57 D500 Hemi.

Thank you for the welcomes!

SpikeWills69, yes the wagon is a '60 Plymouth. She looks a little better today than in that photo. Although she's not quite on the road yet.

Glad to be here!
Pete

Welcome aboard. I'm in Jones County.

Howdy, neighbor!
I looked at your '63 Dart post in your profile, a neat little car.
What are your plans for it?
I've got a '64 Valiant 2-door post I picked up a few months ago, it was sitting in the woods just down from my shop for 19 years!
I haven't had a chance to do anything with it, but I'm sure she'll run again.

I'm in Bolingbroke, by the way.
What other cars do you have?
Pete

Aiming for 300 HP slant with a 4 speed OD and at least 4.10 gears...probably more like 4.56. Gonna do a kinda a "Hurst Dart" theme loosely based on the Hurst S/C Rambler. Since it was original white, that shouldn't be difficult.

I have a 65 Coronet and a 49 Dodge rat rod truck. All in progress, of course. You ever been in the middle Georgia Mopar Club?

Very cool! The slant 6 is the greatest engine ever produced, in my opinion.
I'd like to see yours.

I've got a slant 6 bored .030 with a small comp cam, aluminum intake, clifford headers, with a 390 Holley 4bbl, sitting in front of a Chrysler 4 speed in my 1961 Plymouth wagon. I'm not sure of the HP, but the big wagon will cruise very nicely.

I was in the Middle GA Mopar club many years ago; I've since let my membership lapse. There were some good folks in the club back then, I've sort of lost touch with most nowadays.
Pete

So was I. I have a feeling I know you. I had the primer grey 65 Valiant with the Center Lines a long time ago when my wife and I were members. It sounded nasty because it was. lol I got out of it for a while but now I am trying to get something going again. Probably won't rejoin the club though.

I don't remember the '65 Valiant, I was never really active with the club.

Most of the clubs and shows around here seem to feature the bellybuttons (Camaros, Mustangs, etc.) or worse yet, new cars.

However, I do try to attend the Mopar show in Braselton every year; although I liked it better when it was at the Atlanta Speedway.
Pete

Welcome aboard Pete! It looks like a nice stable for sure, and that you're already finding new friends who are close to you. Add yourself to the FABO Members' Map when you get the chance and you might find a few more. :-D Make yourself at home and enjoy your new family!

Welcome aboard. Nice collection of rides...
I'm from the northside of the ATL....

Thanks again for the welcomes. I'd like to see Rusty's collection some day, he's really just up the road. Funny how I thought I knew all the old Mopars around here!

I don't mean to infest these A bodies with all my older junk, but since you asked, Mike.... :D

Here is my '62 Belvedere (318, 3-speed) that I've been her caretaker since 1989. This photo was taken on a road trip to Mississippi in 2009 at Eglin AFB.

Here is my '61 Deluxe Suburban (slant 6, 4-speed); I've been her caretaker since 2010, I completed her in 2012 (if they are ever finished, that is!)
This photo was taken downtown Macon, near Mercer University.

Here is my '60 Deluxe Suburban (slant 6, 3-speed), my current project. My wife would kill me if I painted this one mint green!

Here is my '73 100 pickup (slant 6, auto), a shop truck of sorts.

I hope I didn't bore y'all with my non-a body junk. I've got a few others that I pickup and sell, but these are my main rides. The thing about a classic Mopar, you can't just have one!! :D
Pete

You're welcome anytime. Just let me know when you wanna come. You interested in a 331 Hemi?

Thanks for the welcome, smlveightis!

Rusty, maybe we can hook up soon, thanks for the offer! And thanks for the offer of the old Hemi, but I wouldn't have a use for that at this time.
Pete

Welcome aboard Pete! Middle Ga. actually has quite a few members. I am in Byron. Hope to catch you at a cruise in or car show some time.
C
Cal Hyer

Thank you, Plum crazy!

Cal, it is good to see so many Mopar fans in the area.
What car(s) do you have?
Pete

-
Back