Howdy

-

19724DoorDart

Reaction score
Hello everyone I'm Randy I live in millstadt, IL(thats within spitting distance of St. Louis, MO for those that don't know) I have a 1972 chevelle a 1972 Dodge Dart a 1994 chevy 1500(my daily) and in the process of getting a 1970 chevelle. My Dodge dart was my enheritence(or how ever you spell that)from my Great aunt. Now for the bad news, the reason I own the car is because shes not in enough health to do so. She had gotten in a wreck and the fireman thought the car was on fire when the raditor blew and I now have a giant V in my hood...i know they where just doing there job...but good lord is it a big V. The lower...i don't know what it's called the painted metal peice under the rear bumper and the front bumper has had enough damage to need replaceing. Can anyone tell me what those are called so I don't sound so stupid when I ask people for them.

Welcome to the site, I just call them the front and rear body trim? :notworth:
Send us a few pic of her :thumblef:

pic4.JPG

Thanks guys, I thought that they might be called a valance as well but I just kept calling them the hunks of metal under the bumpers and got funny looks. And one of the chevelles is the one me and dad are building and it's not for sure if i'll get the other one yet the guy has yet to call back if he'll actuly take the price i offered for it.

72_Durstya said:
i think it might be the rear valance or lower rear valance, not sure though.

Valance just sounds "rice burner" faggy :silent:

(Valance just sounds "rice burner" faggy )

Well it is called a valance, and yeah it does kinda sound a little "light in the heels" lol.

hummmm one mopar, two chevys ..you need another mopar ,not nother chevy... just kidding ,I have a couple of the generals in my stable too.....welcome to the site..

lol yeah a valance dose sound like the name of some ungodly gaudy massive non functional peice of something those little ricer boys like to stick on there cars to make them go faster....didn't you guys know that 55 pound wing on the back of a car that has no tourqe or horsepower drops 3 seconds of there e/t's......no joke....lol. The funnyest thing to say to the guys with the massive wings is this, "If you put a net on that wing I bet you'd sure catch a lot of butterflys." I used that on my uncle cause he went to the dark side.....he went for a 84 vette to a 2004 dodge neon srt-4 *shakes head in shame* god....some people. I would complain about the sound cause we live out in the country close to eachother and you can hear that thing make it's elongated fart to get down the road....but then again my dad has a 2500HD with an 8.1 liter that we put headers and 3 1/2 single exhaust with a flowmaster 40 if i remember right and then my truck we put long tubes H-pipe and 2 of the moroso racing mufflers....:p so i'm pretty sure we piss him off more then he dose us....i just can't wait for the chevelle and the dart to get done

-
Back