Hub Diameter??

-

mopowers

Reaction score
What's the outside hub diameter on 74-up mopar brake rotor. In other words- the part that goes inside the inner wheel hub register??

I can find out for you when I get home...I have a pair of '73+ rotors laying in my garage.

Well...Damn. Which part do you want measured? The hub diameter containing the lugs or the hub diameter containing the outer wheel bearing?

If it's the hub diameter at the lugs, it's a smidge bigger than six inches, which is a touch bigger than my calipers open up to.

I can find out for you when I get home...I have a pair of '73+ rotors laying in my garage.

That'd be awesome! I'm just trying to find out if the wheels that were giving to me are ford steelies and mopar ones. I understand the ford wheels have a smaller hub register.

I believe the hub diameter (wheel center bore) is 2.85" for Chrysler, 2.75" for Ford.

That's exactly what I'm looking for!! Thanks! How did you remember those measurements???

I bought some custom/aftermarket wheels years ago which, unbeknownst to me, were designed with a Ford center bore and they wouldn't fit over the disc brake hub. Had to open them up on a milling machine to 2.85". No guarantee's that I have my facts straight but some poking around on the web should verify this :)

-
Back