Status
Not open for further replies.

rmchrgr

Skate And Destroy
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Contact seller
For sale is a Hughes 10" street/strip torque converter for a 904/internal balance. This converter stalled at 3,800 rpm behind my old 340 with a .557 solid cam and single plane intake. Went 12.20 @ 110 with a 1.7 60 ft. shifted at 7,200 rpm the last time I had it down the track.

This would be great behind a mild small block stroker or a built up small block with steeper rear gears. Tight enough to drive on the street without issue, drove normally. This is not a factory-style converter though, it's too loose.

Part is in good condition, no broken ring gear teeth, boogered up threads or otherwise. Never overheated to my knowledge, always had good, clean fluid in the trans. with a high capacity cooler. Used with a stock flexplate but should bolt up to any plate with a 10" bolt pattern.

Went to a 9.5" piece for my new combo, no longer need this one.

Asking $400 shipped in the Con. US.

Part located in Huntington, NY 11743. PM with questions.

IMG_9861_zpsu7t8yt8h.jpg

IMG_9862_zpstrakmi7b.jpg

Still available. This is a good converter for a street machine.

Delivery to Carlisle no problem and even preferred!

Sale pending payment as of 7/1/15. Will update the thread as sold when the exchange is made.

I have a sale pending payment as of 8.30.15. Will close the thread when the exchange is complete.

No idea what happened to the last guy who said he wanted this converter so it's still for sale.

PM with questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back