hughes roller rockers

-

340 mopar

Reaction score
Does any one know if hughes has caught up with their back orders? How long of wait, if any? Are they doing the tooling or did they hire another shop?

Does any one know if hughes has caught up with their back orders? How long of wait, if any? Are they doing the tooling or did they hire another shop?

I bought a set over the summer, I like them. Made in the USA

I have a set of 1.6:1 that are new, ordered 1.5:1 last spring then swapped them for the 1.6:1 this summer. And in the end I've changed gears and decided to go with Indy 360-2 heads, so now rockers are no good to me. I have the rocker arm kit with shafts and I also have the rocker hold down stud kit. PM me if interested.

had mine b out three or so and no complaints once set up they are great worth the wait, i love them

had mine b out three or so and no complaints once set up they are great worth the wait, i love them

I am still wondering about no needle bearings on shaft has any one out there rather gone with more expensive t&d's

I am still wondering about no needle bearings on shaft has any one out there rather gone with more expensive t&d's

As far as I'm concerned needle bearings in rocker arms are a PITA. Out of all those needles it's only the bottom 3 or 4 that are doing anything, the rest are there to keep the bottom ones in place. Those needles will wear the bottom of most shafts I've seen over the years which causes your push rod clearances to open up especially if this is on a street car. The worse thing though is one of those bearings decides to come apart, and they do sometimes, now you got needle bearings all over the inside of the engine. Whereas the aluminum or cast iron (mopar) rockers work just fine.

As far as I'm concerned needle bearings in rocker arms are a PITA. Out of all those needles it's only the bottom 3 or 4 that are doing anything, the rest are there to keep the bottom ones in place. Those needles will wear the bottom of most shafts I've seen over the years which causes your push rod clearances to open up especially if this is on a street car. The worse thing though is one of those bearings decides to come apart, and they do sometimes, now you got needle bearings all over the inside of the engine. Whereas the aluminum or cast iron (mopar) rockers work just fine.
Not to mention the extra weight fighting your valve springs. I run whatever is lightest and gets the job done. I run stockers with my 284xe hydro lol!

I think they out-source a lot of their stuff. I got some stainless roller rockers (stud mounted), and they turned out to be PRW. Also, don't know why they are pushing the ones with needle bearings when they have a tech article on their own website talking about how how needle bearings in rockers aren't good.

got mine a few months ago october i think ( 1.6)

having to work my push rod holes to clear the push rods

the mopar performance ones were off a good bit

-
Back