HUH? Why me

-

63dartman

Reaction score
I just spent the last week troubleshooting what I thought was a carb issue. I was adjusting my carb and decided to swap out my accel super coil(the big yellow box looking one). Well, I put in another accel super coil but it was just the metal encased chrome one. Once I started driving it I had a backfire whenever I would get into it. I even swapped that one out for another one and still had the same issue. Tried another carb and no luck. Finally I put the old yellow box back in and it is running like a dream again. I just don't understand why my car would be so picky about coils??? Anyone else have this kind of issue?

Check voltage to coil and (i assume elect box) i know that ive had vehicle(Mopars)that with a week battery voltag ethey will run like Crap and act really headscratching strange

make sure there arent' any loose connections at the coil or possibly the bulkhead connector as well. ive had the stock alternator go out, then the voltage regulator, the replacement alternator went bad and then the replacement voltage regulator. . . lots of head scratching!!

-
Back