Hunt for 4-Speed Parts...

-
I figured I'd come here for an expert opinion...do you think this is a fair price?

and I've heard that there maybe differences in pedal assemblies between the years described as fitting in the ad?

Just want to make sure this will work on my '70 Dart...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MOPA...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43a5333b73

I appreciate it!
Craig

Yes, this will work in your car, they appear to be 69 or older pedals, but they will work fine. If you can get it all for 200-250 it's not a bad deal. HemiEd has a real nice set of pedals too.

I think the price is reasonable for all that's included. That linkage stuff will add up in a hurry if you have to buy those pieces one-by-one.

When you get a set of pedals, take the pivot point apart and make sure the roller bearings inside are in decent shape. Some pedals used roller bearings, some used a bushing. I think the '69 and older may be the bearing style... ?

Will do fourspeed, I guess the biggest thing I'm trying to avoid is just that - piecing together the linkage...I'd MUCH rather buy everything at once and make my life a little easier!

I think the price is reasonable for all that's included. That linkage stuff will add up in a hurry if you have to buy those pieces one-by-one.

When you get a set of pedals, take the pivot point apart and make sure the roller bearings inside are in decent shape. Some pedals used roller bearings, some used a bushing. I think the '69 and older may be the bearing style... ?

I think only th HD style had bearings, usually the HD style had a bracket covering the over center spring. I have a set of pedals out of a 73 340 Duster with the bracket, and bearings, instead of bushings. The newer style pedals have a twist in the bottom of the brake pedal, as you can tell by the pic's this one is straight, so there the older style.

I guess here's another (prob stupid) question...what years are older and what are new style?

-
Back