Hurst & console

-

lVlopar lVlan

Reaction score
Are any of you running a Hurst pistol grip quarter stick, or equivalent, in an original A body console? Id rather not take the chance of buying both and having the shifter not fit through the hole or being too tall or anything like that
-Mike

I'm running a Quarter Stick in my 72 340 Duster but without the pistol grip. My car is a race car with a stock appearing interior. I wanted to use the console, but had to cut it up so bad I wish I hadn't done it. To center the stick in the stock position, the slot has to be cut a lot to put the shifter into low gear. The shifter has to sit very far forward. If you're tall and move the seat far back when driving, you have to reach far forward to get to Park and Reverse. I guess it's not too bad with the seat belt on, but with a racing harness on it's a pain. Either way, it's awkward. And you'll end up hating the fact that you cut up the console. If your car came with a console, you'll have to remove all the stock brackets for the shifter and console. That means cutting up your trans hump. Luckily, I saved everything but I'll still have to buy another console when I return my car to stock. Something to think about.

-
Back