Hurst Indy 4spd Shifter

-

dgc333

Reaction score
FYI,

The shifter I was using in my 68 Barracuda was the one I pulled with the tranny form the D100 pick-up that donated the A833OD. I had picked up A-body rods and such to use with it. Anyway, in 4 years it's gotten pretty sloppy and is start to get balky when trying to make quick shifts. I decided it was time for a new shifter.

Since I didn't really care about the rods, mounting adapter or the handle (figured I would use what I had) the Indy shifter at $115 less than a Competition+ shifter seemed like the way to go.

I was amazed, for only $140 you what appears to be the same mechanism as the Competition+ minus the gear stops and you don't get the dust cover on the bottom that keeps crude out of the mechanism. The dust cover from my old shifter fit and there are pilot holes in the body for the gear stops (I drilled and tapped them for the stops). The kit came with the adapter, rods, bushings clips and bolts for installation into an A-body.

I wound up using everything that came in the kit accept for the handle and knob. I used the longer handle and nice engraved knob from the other shifter.

Huge improvement. The throws are much shorter and the gates are narrower. There is no slop at all, all motions are nice and crisp.

Anyone looking for a 4-spd shifter for there A-body you can't go wrong with the Hurst Indy Shifter (p/n 503-0032 for Chrysler A-bodys).

-
Back