Hurst on 833 Overdrive

-

thanson_mopar

Reaction score
I'm putting a 833 OD trans in my duster from a 78 Volare, It had a Inland shifter on it that has a broken mechanism, Will the shift rods and everything work the same with a Hurst replacement mechanism?

The A833OD I put in my 68 Barracuda came with a Hurst mechanisom on it. The diameter of the rod ends where they conect to the shifter and the levers were smaller in diameter than a Hurst replacement shifter and would not work. Don't know if your inland shifter is that way or not.

I picked up a Hurst Indy shifter that is for A-body mopars. It comes with the adapter, rods, levers and all the mounting hardware for around $150. The only thing that I didn't like about the shifter was the short straight handle, that was easily fixed with a handle I picked up at a swap meet. The mechanism of the Indy shifter looks like the Competition Plus without the shifter stops and the shield on the bottom that keeps crud out. The body is dimpled where the stops go so I just drilled, tapped and installed stops. I took the shield from the old factory mechanism and installed it on the Indy.

Could you post the hurst part # for the A body Indy shifter?
Thanks

I got it from Jegs or Summit don't recall which and it has to be about 5 years ago now but $150 to $260 seems like an awful big increase.

-
Back