Hurst or B&M

-

1969GTS

Reaction score
Has anyone mounted a vertical gate or ratchet shifter in a factory A body console? I'm thinking this may be the way to go for me as I want to keep the car close to original but would hate to hit neutral at 6500 Rpm with my foot in it. If anyone has pulled this off can you post some pic's?

Thanks

I put a Turbo Action cheeta shifter in my barracuda and my 65 coronet. I truly love that shifter. First off the cable goes out the back of the shifter so it doesnt get burnt on the exhaust like the Hurst and the BnM and the way its gated you never make mistakes or have getting it into Reverse trouble like the BnM. Sorry I have no pic's

I put a Turbo Action cheeta shifter in my barracuda and my 65 coronet. I truly love that shifter. First off the cable goes out the back of the shifter so it doesnt get burnt on the exhaust like the Hurst and the BnM and the way its gated you never make mistakes or have getting it into Reverse trouble like the BnM. Sorry I have no pic's

Did you have to cut off the floor mount bracket for the stock shifter?

ill be putting a megashifter in my 71 dart this week,with a console.We will see how it turns out

Pic's when your done please. The stock one I have works fine but is on the scary side with a manual valve body.

I installed the turbo action scs into my council , they are the only company that makes a shifter with the rear entry cable that I found. I replaced a hurst that the front entry cable was always a problem keeping away from the headers.
Rear entry is definatly the way to go! The shifter works GREAT!!!!!!!!!
There's a couple pictures in my photo album here.

there is an option,if you like the factory shifter.Its called shiftr gate,i think,for the factory shifter.Im sure someone here can give you the link to it.I think there only like 30.00?

That would be cool. The best of both worlds with that option.

Shifter-R-Gate www.duncan-motor-sports.com
I have a rev gate installed in my Dart. It takes the place of the factory gate in your stock shifter. He is a great guy to work with. I had purchased his shifter arm and all but it was to short to work in my console. I returned it and he gave me a full refund including shipping.

Shifter-R-Gate www.duncan-motor-sports.com
I have a rev gate installed in my Dart. It takes the place of the factory gate in your stock shifter. He is a great guy to work with. I had purchased his shifter arm and all but it was to short to work in my console. I returned it and he gave me a full refund including shipping.

I'm thinking this is the route for me. Simple mod and keeps the car original inside. Thanks a ton guys.

Don't know if it could be adapted to an A body but the factory console shifter (slap-stick?) a friend of mine had in his 72 Challenger was nice. Push the button & pull it into low, let off the button & then push it forward into 2nd, pull back a bit & then push it into drive. Had to push the button to get into neutral. Might be a bit short for an A body.

-
Back