Hurst reverse lock-out

-

paradigm

Reaction score
Im trying to locate a hurst reverse lock-out mechanism for for the competition plus shifter assembly: as seen in the super stock dart and cuda's. Let me know if anybody has a full assembly ( including red shift knob) in usable condition

Its a Super Shifter like this? I found mine on ebay there are no new ones for sale. They are all the same so if you find one it will fit but linkage is a problem im going to start with factory rods and go from there

Attachments

• 054.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 397
i had a reverse lock out on my formula S back in 1969. back then, the handle had a round red knob. i found one on ebay recently but i think it sold for something like $300! - which was more than i wanted to pay. here's a pic... oh, and i think the original part number was: 175-5659...

Attachments

• hurst reverse lockout # 175-5659.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 396
The one "Jim Harvard" posted a picture of is the one im trying to get my hands on. Were building a period correct ss/a dart and they were only equipped with the lockout handle possessing the round knob opposed of the T- handle

I just installed one of these shifters in my Demon. My Dad had it in his 72 duster also. Nice to know i have something that is "rare" . LOL

-
Back