Hurst shifter boot question...

-

TheDemonator

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am converting my 71 Demon from a 904 transmission over to an 833OD unit from a 75 Dart Sport.

The purist won't like it, but I am going to use a 71-74 b-body pistol grip shifter handle in my car.

My question is, does anyone make an a-body shifter boot and bezel that has the rectangular hole for a pistol grip application? Or am I on my own to figure something out for it?

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Hello all,

I am converting my 71 Demon from a 904 transmission over to an 833OD unit from a 75 Dart Sport.

The purist won't like it, but I am going to use a 71-74 b-body pistol grip shifter handle in my car.

My question is, does anyone make an a-body shifter boot and bezel that has the rectangular hole for a pistol grip application? Or am I on my own to figure something out for it?

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

I use the 71-4 B-body pistol grip in my car.If you are using a factory A-body floor hump then you can use the stock A body ring and boot from Year-one. The boot ,I just trimmed the top part off(part with the round hole pertruding up about 1/2 inch from the top layer) so it's pretty much flush with the top of the boot, the boot will then just stretch right over the bottom of the shifter handle and it looks great. it didn't tear or anything(of course I used a brand new boot from year-one) it looks very nice. I wish I had a pic, maybe I can take one with my cell phone and send you one to your email address(PM me). If you are just going to cut a hole in the floor then I wouldn't know what to do.

-
Back