Hurst Shifter Rebuild

-

Johnny Dart

Reaction score
Hey guys/gals.
I am rebuilding Hurst 4 speed shifters if anyone is interested.
At the present time,Hurst is charging $250.00 to do this.
My services are way cheaper.
$110.00 Includes shipping back to you.
What the rebuild includes.
I take the shifter apart.
Bead blast.
De-bur if necessary.
Polish the spacers.
Polish the Shifter arms.
Grease,and reassemble.
I take pride in my work,and will treat yours as is if it was my own.
Here are some pics of a customers shifter I just finished,back to its original glory !!
If interested feel free to PM me.
Thank you much !
Johnny D

Hart Basketball 040.jpg

Hart Basketball 042.jpg

Hart Basketball 041.jpg

Hart Basketball 044.jpg

how much do you charge? Im not ready to rebuild mine yet but when I get to that stage of my build I'll keep you in mind.

Price is in the listing.
When you are ready let me know,and we will hook you up.
Thanks.
JD

I had mine rebuilt when Hurst was only charging $100 for it (three years ago?)
Best money I ever spent!

That in mind, I don't think I'll ever buy a new shifter--strictly swap meets from now on, and I'll have them rebuilt.

Your pic looks like you do good work, and your price is excellent. I'll send you my next one.

-Brad

Thanks Brad....
I remember when Hurst was rebuilding them for that. I think it was either (Mr.Gasket or B&M) ? that bought Hurst out.
Now they want $250.00 !! :bootysha:

Just trying to help the working man out...:thumleft:

Look forward to earning your business.

Nice clean up, but I don't think I'd call your service "rebuilding".
There is a reason why Hurst charges what they charge. They REBUILD the shifter. I don't want to be a wet blanket, but you are not rebuilding anything unless you are replacing the worn parts. I need a shifter rebuilt currently. It is an original Non-removable handle '67 Hurst A-body unit. It needs both springs replaced, both white nylon bushings that the handle pivits side to side on replaced, and probably a new pin. I also want any of the shims replaced that have shown wear of flattened. On top of that I need the handle replated. I think the GTO guy Pete Serio did my last one.
http://precisionpontiac.net/Shifter_FAQ.aspx

Ok fine...Lets call it a "Standard Overhaul" like Pete calls it.
Pete charges $215.00 + 11 to ship for a standard overhaul.
I do it for $110.00 shipped.
Thats a savings of $127.00.
Plus it is from an A-body member in good standing.
Not Pete...GTO guy.

In the future instead of disrespecting a member of this forum,maybe you should keep it to yourself
or start your own thread.

Thanks.

Ok fine...Lets call it a "Standard Overhaul" like Pete calls it.
Pete charges $215.00 + 11 to ship for a standard overhaul.
I do it for $110.00 shipped.
Thats a savings of $127.00.
Plus it is from an A-body member in good standing.
Not Pete...GTO guy.

In the future instead of disrespecting a member of this forum,maybe you should keep it to yourself
or start your own thread.

Thanks.

Well "Pete...GTO guy" WROTE THE BOOK ON HURST SHIFTERS, literally, and is the BEST. He helped me identify Dick Landys shifter from his SS/A Hemi Dart. You yourself compared your services to Hursts. You won't be a A-body member in good standing for long if you tell people you are rebuilding their shifter, when all you are doing is cleaning it. I tried to be as respectful of your enterprise as I could. I opened the thread to see if there was a guy who was rebuilding Hurst shifters (as the title said), and I had one to send for rebuild. I already cleaned it, and sliver cad plated it...I need it rebuilt as I don't have the springs and nylon bushings. Once again I apologize for shadowing your post, and you do a nice job for a fair price but I have no intention of keeping to myself.

You havent been respectful of anything.

Call Pete. Have him rebuild your shifter.

And your right, I do,do a nice job for a fair price.

Thanks for looking.

Well "Pete...GTO guy" WROTE THE BOOK ON HURST SHIFTERS, literally, and is the BEST. He helped me identify Dick Landys shifter from his SS/A Hemi Dart. You yourself compared your services to Hursts. You won't be a A-body member in good standing for long if you tell people you are rebuilding their shifter, when all you are doing is cleaning it. I tried to be as respectful of your enterprise as I could. I opened the thread to see if there was a guy who was rebuilding Hurst shifters (as the title said), and I had one to send for rebuild. I already cleaned it, and sliver cad plated it...I need it rebuilt as I don't have the springs and nylon bushings. Once again I apologize for shadowing your post, and you do a nice job for a fair price but I have no intention of keeping to myself.
Ohh heartfelt shot!!

Hi, This was long time ago :)
I assume of cause the Landy Dart Shifter was an original one. How would you describe it?
Welded? Plated? Offset or straight? Color/finish of housing? Maybe even a picture?
I fully understand if this was to long ago to remember.
Thank you any how.

-
Back