hurst shifter

-

Tribute SS/A 68

Reaction score
anybody got or know of one, hurst 4 speed shifter, with the lil reverse lock out stick w/red knob for sale ? I don't have to have the rods.

:burnout:

I bought one out of the classifieds on here a couple of weeks ago. Just a tidbit of info that might help in your search. The shifter your looking for is a Hurst Super Shifter and the actual base part of the shifter is used universally so you can buy one out of a chevy, ford, or anything else and it will work. The linkages and shifter mount are unique to whichever application you are using them for. The installation kits are still available from Hurst for about $169

I believe the part you need predates the super shifter. It sandwiches between the stock shifter and mounting pad. Called a reverse loc out. Made by Hurst of course.
Lift the small red ball with a R on it. The red ball is attached to a 1/4-20 threaded rod and a silver vinyl or rubber tube to slip over the rod to make it look finished.
They are out there but not generally cheap.
Best of luck finding one complete. They seem to be missing the sleeve or knob sometimes.
Hope this helps.

-
Back