Hurst TKX and TKO cross member on Super Sale

-
First time I have seen that cross member for TKO/TKX. I assume newly released part?
It’s been on the Holley site for over a year, slowly marked down the whole time. I’m guessing 99% of the people who are doing a five speed swap. Don’t want to spend $700 on just a Cross Member.

There is a hell of a deal on a 4 core aluminum radiator on holleys site too. Kinda old school but for a $100? I bought one. Frost bite. Summit wants $500.

I got the crossmember and was thinking of getting this but don’t know if it’s as good as the cold case radiator I have. But 100 bucks…

I got the crossmember and was thinking of getting this but don’t know if it’s as good as the cold case radiator I have. But 100 bucks…
I musta missed that one- trying to sort through 250ish pages of stuff... bought lotsa lug nuts and iridium spark plugs too. Can't beat those prices.

I was fixing to snag 3 sets of Hooker Super Comps for BB B/E body. Reg 1150.00 on sale for 308.00 but are now sold out.

Just
Just got a email that it didn't ship with the rest of my order. I figured if Holley and Summit offer it that it cant be too bad. Welcome back lol

Just

Just got a email that it didn't ship with the rest of my order. I figured if Holley and Summit offer it that it cant be too bad. Welcome back lol
I don’t need a radiator just yet, but could have been something to let collect dust.

Thanks! I refrained myself when I got back on haha.

:icon_fU::rofl:

I don’t need a radiator just yet, but could have been something to let collect dust.

Thanks! I refrained myself when I got back on haha.

:icon_fU::rofl:
That 4 core is old school. ya :icon_fU: ‘em. Lol Nice of Holley to send the shroud.:rolleyes:

I can't believe people were paying $700 for this!!

20230601_181949.jpg

I noticed some of the prices too, I'd say it's maybe a $229 part. The fab work and material is cheap, but I know there is development dollar to recoupe.

It came with a Hurst sticker too, so that's a plus!

the beauty of the £65 offer is you don't have any qualms about cutting it up and using the useful bits

Must admit the US car tool, white one, with weld on Tab looks mega beefy but made on request and $$$ and that kills it for export to me, it would cost me double.

the SST one can only be sold in a kit with a transmission, unless you work for a magasine who carries their adverts, well that was the gist if an email i got years ago when i questioned why so and so were allowed to buy indpendently and i wasn't. So i went off them.

anyway

that upper piece of "art work" doesn't look that useful, but will reserve judgement until i have it in hand.
the thing is supposed to stop the cut off ends of the origional chassis member from moving closer and further apart or indeed alternately up and down depending on severity of corner when the suspension twists against the torsion bar anchor.

My thinking is, if a bolt in chassis connector set is considred inadequate, and a weld in kit way better, surely this sits in the same bucket, of nice idea, but not quite good enough.
Perhaps thats why its discontinued, been around and potentially in use in cars now for 15+ years, maybe thats a long enough Beta/Test programme for someone to discover an issue.

you hear much more mention of tunnel perimeterframes these days where did that come from??

internet mooching seems to show most who fit a tremec appear to buy a full kit from other suppliers or do it very DIY. Other Than fitting stories in mags (infotainment/advert) and the Youtube video of "fitting a TKO to a mopar A body" from Hurst themselves i have never seen anything from anyone else, discusssing using Hurst Kit, to fit a tremec box.

cross member for $65, thats reasonable, i aint complianing, nice one holley

Dave

Looks like it's now out of stock...all the other sellers were apparently drop shipping from Hurst as they all show item out of stock as well. I don't believe it will ever be back in stock at that sale price.

I don't believe it will ever be back in stock at that sale price.
I don't think it'll ever be in stock again, at all. It seems like Holley is downsizing their product offerings for mopar in general, aside from Gen 3 Hemi stuff.

I don't think it'll ever be in stock again, at all. It seems like Holley is downsizing their product offerings for mopar in general, aside from Gen 3 Hemi stuff.

Yep. They're discontinuing a ton of products just sat on their shelves. The clearance parts I bought during this sale had dates on the boxes from 2017. Sad, but true.

Maybe if they didn't charge out the *** for one they would have sold more and wouldn't feel the need to discontinue them.

They had a QT bell housing listed for Gen III Hemi to TKO/TKX. Reg 1150.00 on sale for like 308.00
Did anyone see or buy one? I should have looked at it better and it was gone when I checked back. Was wondering why it wasn't list for small block too and why it was being discontinued. Maybe had right side starter?

My crossmember showed up. Didn’t open the box but it’s here in the pile of boxes of parts lol.

I’m pretty sure it’s actually sitting on the lawnmower to the right of the car.

IMG_3375.jpeg

Yep. They're discontinuing a ton of products just sat on their shelves. The clearance parts I bought during this sale had dates on the boxes from 2017. Sad, but true.
I got some Quick Fuel valve covers on the last Holley Sale, same thing 2016 on the box. They were $190 marked down to $70 I believe.

image.jpg

I’m sure you’ll get it soon! I honestly have no clue what I’ll even do with it for a while. Except I have thought of doing the Tkx in this copper dart…
I am in the middle of a four-speed swap, I wasn’t planning a five speed at all. But I am using the Lakewood bell housing that has the bolt pattern for the five speed. So I figured why not,just in case.

-
Back