Hurt the 340 racing last weekend

-

nwdart

Reaction score
340 went south last weekend,went from a 6400 pill to a 7000 pill in the msd box trying to get a little more out of her, was already running 11.50 and got greedy. Racing next weekend in a annual event I have raced the last 6 years with family , so I got to go next weekend no matter what . Had the old reliable 380 magnum crate motor with a 727 and gear vendor for my May never be finished 69 dart sitting there begging to be run again. All I had to get to swap over everything was a water pump gasket for the electric pump and a conversion u joint for the shorter driveline to fit in the race car. Both motors had the m1 manifolds so my demon carb and fuel system all bolted right up. Was not what I had planned for the week nights this week but got to do what you got to do! Going to do a strocker motor with the 340 now and run in the tens with a small block and that is just cool in my book. Nwdart

Attachments

• image.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 301
May have floated the valves, maybe more? It was blowing oil out of both breathers. Drove it on the trailer and in the shop. The guy that is going to build my strocker motor said he will tear it down and see what happened. Will probably fix this motor as a spare and build the 69 block I have. Racing next sat 6 hours from here, so decided to put the magnum motor trans and driveline in so I could go. A water pump gasket and a conversion u joint is all I needed and of course my time is free! Nwdart

Out of the box eddy heads. Car was set up for 1/8 mile 488 gears 30 inch slicks. With the 6400 pill it ran out of track around 1100 feet and still ran 11.50 . Ran it to 7k and it blew smoke at the 1 -2 shift said my friend. Drove it on the trailer and was done!

Out of the box eddy heads. Car was set up for 1/8 mile 488 gears 30 inch slicks. With the 6400 pill it ran out of track around 1100 feet and still ran 11.50 . Ran it to 7k and it blew smoke at the 1 -2 shift said my friend. Drove it on the trailer and was done!

What did she run in the eighth?

Sounds like she caught a couple rings! She will live to race another day! But, you never know till it comes apart!

-
Back