hx35 vs he341

-

440dart123

Reaction score
Will the he341 spool faster then the hx35? I would like to get to around 800whp eventually and i know the hx35 will do 800hp very easily i found another he341 that i didnt know i had so i was thinking that these might spool a little faster and still get my to my goals. It will be going on a 360 then later on a 5.7 hemi.

The 341 should spool quicker as the exhaust housing is 9 cm. The HX35 should be a 12 cm. I think its (HE341) rated for more CFM as well. I'm not sure if that's a big issue on gas engines. In the Diesel world the He341 is not liked to much as the small exhaust housing can lead to High EGT's.

The 341 should spool quicker as the exhaust housing is 9 cm. The HX35 should be a 12 cm. I think its (HE341) rated for more CFM as well. I'm not sure if that's a big issue on gas engines. In the Diesel world the He341 is not liked to much as the small exhaust housing can lead to High EGT's.

I got one he351 i know thats what most 12v and 24v and 03-early 04 guys switch to but i dont have any of them ive got 4 hx35s and 2 he341s. I know the 341s would be the quickest spooling was worried about drive pressure as a gas engine is going to be prone to detonation and my setup is already going to be on the ragged edge of destruction:finga:.

I got one he351 i know thats what most 12v and 24v and 03-early 04 guys switch to but i dont have any of them ive got 4 hx35s and 2 he341s. I know the 341s would be the quickest spooling was worried about drive pressure as a gas engine is going to be prone to detonation and my setup is already going to be on the ragged edge of destruction:finga:.

Are you planning efi or blow through, id look into e85 im not sure how plentiful it is in your aera but there some awesome power in going that direction, also you can't go wrong running some kind of water injection it does wonders for detention good luck
Just my opinion

Are you planning efi or blow through, id look into e85 im not sure how plentiful it is in your aera but there some awesome power in going that direction, also you can't go wrong running some kind of water injection it does wonders for detention good luck
Just my opinion

I got a devils own kit, no e85 here lol not much in montuckey

well here is my specialty ive been dealing with HX35s on 4 banger Eclipses and Talons. They have a housing you can buy to bolt them to a stock manifold and they are hitting 25psi+ at or around 3200 rpm on the 4 cyl engine so on a v-8 i would imagine very fast spool time. The he341 will spool faster on the other hand but not sure about power ratings on it. Now the questions being will this car be on the road before you have it at 800rwhp if so then the he341 may spool a little to fast in certain scenarios causing a ticket. But it all comes down to preference. Do you want the slightly slower spooling HX-35 but potentially more power or the quick spooling he341 that will more or less give you the wholeshot and make it tougher for someone to pull on you and pass you. Both are great turbos and either way it will make great power.

well here is my specialty ive been dealing with HX35s on 4 banger Eclipses and Talons. They have a housing you can buy to bolt them to a stock manifold and they are hitting 25psi+ at or around 3200 rpm on the 4 cyl engine so on a v-8 i would imagine very fast spool time. The he341 will spool faster on the other hand but not sure about power ratings on it. Now the questions being will this car be on the road before you have it at 800rwhp if so then the he341 may spool a little to fast in certain scenarios causing a ticket. But it all comes down to preference. Do you want the slightly slower spooling HX-35 but potentially more power or the quick spooling he341 that will more or less give you the wholeshot and make it tougher for someone to pull on you and pass you. Both are great turbos and either way it will make great power.

I got a 450whp spirit r/t running a precison sc61s just barely bigger then a hx35 its all homemade as nobody makes kits most of the turbododge guys run he351s or 35s are putting down 540+whp on a stock longblock 28-33psi one guy even ran 40psi but never dynoed it, not trying to sound like a jackass but iam not a complete noob. I just dont want to run into deto problems with the 341s because my 360 has the stock cast crank stock rods and slugs so my guess is it wont take to many screwups from a bad tune. My goal is 550-650whp run that for awhile, while i build my 5.7hemi once i get close on being done with the hemi i want to push the 360 to its limit iam hopeing and praying i can get 800whp out of it a couple times lol:glasses7:

This car is just a cheap street car everything i have so far is either given to me or cheap or already had it, ive ridden in some laggg monsters there not fun for street racing but boy do the sure have some topend pull. Iam still torn at wich turbo to go with i guess i will decide once i get it running.

Thanks for the replys

-
Back