hyd roller cam retro ?'s

-

abdywgn

dismantler
Reaction score
wanna put a hyd roller camshaft in a 73 360.
?#1)are there any drop-in variable duration hyd roller lifters?
?#2)any camshafts that use the std. gear for the dizzy and oil pump drive
instead of a bronze or composite gear?
?#3)is there a spray on coating for added protection of the lobes?
Thanks! Bob

Yes, Rhoads does do variable duration lifters.I don not know if you know this.Rollers,with quicker ramps,have much better vacuum than flat tappets of the same size.I do not know if they do a retro fit lifter.Crower,Comp,and Crane(a nd Bullitt)do cast iron cores,but make sure you ask.Being a roller the lifters don't rotate,hence you will not need a plasma coating.

I used a OEM roller out of a 2000 Ram and the standard distributor gear. Pretty sure the OEM ones have a cast iron gear pressed on. Might look into it.

As I know,hyd rollers use a cast core.New crower had the same casting nos as a new Comp flat tappet.

Thanks Abodybomber and DionR!I'll check into those companies offerings and keep the Magnum cam swap in mind. Bob

Magnum uses a differnt cam core,you have to ask for a early cam core.Will not oil on journals 2 and 4.

Good point. I didn't have to worry about that as I swapped to Magnum heads at the same time. You only need those journals to oil if you are still using shaft mounted rockers.

-
Back