hydraulic clutch from american powertrain

-

65 Valiant

Reaction score
Hi guys,

i posted the problem times before:

The 360 engine with its TTI headers don't fit with my original 4 speed Z-bar and components.
I have all the stuff from Brewer's but they don't have any experiences with TTI headers and Sam from TTI has no experiences with early A-body!!
thats stupid.

So i bought a complete hydraulic clutch setup from American Powertrain.

this one:
http://www.americanpowertrain.com/cart.htm#ecwid:category=146603&mode=product&product=706967

who has installed a kit like this one?

i have a A833 4 speed 23 spline. What about the throwout bearing? Does it need a fixing or can i put it on the shaft and thats it??

I found some videos on youtube but the setup they show in the videos looks like this one:

http://americanpowertrain.com/i-852...or-system-for-mopar-with-23-spline-a-833.html

you can see the difference between the throwout bearings.

pls help

thx JAN

Just did one. You replace one of the retainer bolts with the provided stud and it locates the bearing on the collar. You gotta make sure that you get your airgap correct and install a pedal stop to keep from overstroking the bearing. (It gets messy).

Just did one. You replace one of the retainer bolts with the provided stud and it locates the bearing on the collar. You gotta make sure that you get your airgap correct and install a pedal stop to keep from overstroking the bearing. (It gets messy).

you're funny. I have the kit you'll see in the first link.
the throwout bearing is different to the one in the second link.

There is no stud with the kit and the bearing has no mounting plate like the one in the hydramax link.

I told the guys from AP what my setup is and they said that this kit will fit. They pressed in a shim cause i told them that i have a Mc Leod flywheel and a centerforce dual friction clutch.

so what me makes nervous is the bearing. all other parts are nearly the same.

thx for reply

Well, ya got me son. The first link just gets me to their homepage. The second link shows me the bearing that I have used from them before. So, I'm out of ideas. I was just trying to help. Sorry.

Yeah, that first link takes me straight to the homepage, searching for the part number in your first link doesn't get any results, and I only see kits that look like the second link on their page for mopar applications.

Ok, i will post a picture from the kit i bought from AP and one from the kit which they use in their manual.

My kit:

the other one:

So, if take a look at the throwout bearings, you will see the difference...

ah, ok.
that should be the correct one. I have a Mc Leod flywheel and a centerforce clutch.

-
Back