Hyper-pak questions

-

37fleetwood

Reaction score
first question...
so... what makes a Hyper-Pak car a Hyper-Pak car?

quite a while ago I got this little Lancer 4 door and my Sister wanted it so badly I made her a deal on it, and now she's thinking about letting it go. we just never got around to it. problem is, I went out to see what it was going to take to get it going and found I had a problem.... or do I?
it has the cable for the 4 bbl carb, and a humongous exhaust flange and pipe.
here are a few photos:

IMG_1293-1_zps265a10f0.jpg

P1040504_zpsf2bde358.jpg

P1040505_zps5ca3b1a4.jpg

P1040506_zpsb3efc207.jpg

Factory hyperpack cars had a split 2 piece exhaust manifold, meaning there were 2 separate pipes comming off the engine.

Factory hyperpack cars had a split 2 piece exhaust manifold, meaning there were 2 separate pipes comming off the engine.
Actually it was a header. And the header fed into a y pipe. That said, this appears to just be a car somebody ran a 4 barrel and a 2-1/4" exhaust.

NOT
It was not a Header, it was 2 cast manifolds.
Hyper Pack was an over the counter buy and you could buy what you wanted. All of it or just 1 part. The exhaust used a Y pipe to connect to a large pipe and muffler assembly.
So your Lancer just had someone add a large exhaust pipe to what looks to have been a stock manifold, or perhaps a feather duster/dart lite exhaust manifold. Might have had a 4 barrel with the cable added, but Hyper Pack had the rod type linkage, not a cable.
But! Any Lancer is a KEEPER!

Attachments

• IMG_4714.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 230
Here is a pic of my friends hyper pack set up, correct intake, very rare matching hyper pack card, and those split exhaust manifolds....those have never been on a running engine....NOS :glasses7:

Under all that is an aluminum block too, going in a 61 Valiant Wagon :D

Attachments

• 000_0047.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 301
And now I stand corrected! Could have sworn that was a 2 piece header. Anyways thanks for pointing that one out guys, learn something new everday.

Great answers! thanks guys, so I have a car that someone had done something fun with at some point.

-
Back