Hyperpak Questions

-

TinyValiant74

Reaction score
Okay I've got two questions about the only factory performance upgrade ever to grace our leaning tower of power. The Hyper Pak.

1. was their a different exhaust manifold produced due to longer distance the carb was from the engine.?

2. will a Hyper Pak fit onto a 225 with factory A/C?

My own research has led me to believe that the manifold was the same and that the A/C would fit. but I'm not so sure. I'm just looking for a seccond opinion.
thanks in advance.

Tiny

Okay I've got two questions about the only factory performance upgrade ever to grace our leaning tower of power. The Hyper Pak.

1. was their a different exhaust manifold produced due to longer distance the carb was from the engine.?

2. will a Hyper Pak fit onto a 225 with factory A/C?

My own research has led me to believe that the manifold was the same and that the A/C would fit. but I'm not so sure. I'm just looking for a seccond opinion.
thanks in advance.

Tiny

If I recall, the factory hyper pak cars had special, header-shaped exhaust manifolds. Good luck finding a pair! I saw a set on the 'bay a few years ago for over 2 grand. I don't think they have provisions for carb heat or a choke. I'd use Dutra Duals on a street car, headers on a racer.

I don't think A/C would fit on a hyper pak engine without modifications to either the manifold, the brackets, or both.

VM

There were no "factory" HP cars. The HP setup was adealer installed kit. The kit did come with cast iron headers and a special exhaust.

I'm thinking factory air will not clear an HP intake, but I could be wrong.

Just so you know, an HP intake is a really hard intake to tune for the street. It is definitely not "plug and play".

The dual headers have no provision for carb heat, they just dump. They do bolt to the bosses on the intake, so after awhile you would get some heat transfer, but not at carb base and only on a couple of runners. I tried to run AC on a 66 Dart with my intake. The old style AC compressor "60's" hits the mainfold right at the throttle linkage bosses. You would have to relocate the unit or run one of the modern compressors.

hyper-pak_exhaust_manifolds.jpg

-
Back